Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP852Y] to Glycogen synthase 1/GYS1 (phospho S641)
- Suitable for: Dot blot, WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
Product nameAnti-Glycogen synthase 1/GYS1 (phospho S641) antibody [EP852Y]
See all Glycogen synthase 1/GYS1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP852Y] to Glycogen synthase 1/GYS1 (phospho S641)
Detects Glycogen synthase 1/GYS1 only when phosphorylated on Serine 641.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Dot blot, WB, IHC-Pmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt or ICC/IF
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Glycogen synthase 1/GYS1. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- WB: Mouse muscle and Mouse muscle treated with AP lysates; HeLa and HeLa treated with insulin at 20 ug/mL for 15 minutes whole cell lysates. IHC: Human liver tissue.
Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
This product was previously labelled as Glycogen synthase 1
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab81230 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/10000 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 85 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with Tris/EDTA buffer pH 9.0 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionTransfers the glycosyl residue from UDP-Glc to the non-reducing end of alpha-1,4-glucan.
PathwayGlycan biosynthesis; glycogen biosynthesis.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in GYS1 are the cause of muscle glycogen storage disease type 0 (GSD0b) [MIM:611556]; also known as muscle glycogen synthase deficiency. GSD0b is a metabolic disorder characterized by fasting hypoglycemia presenting in infancy or early childhood. The role of muscle glycogen is to provide critical energy during bursts of activity and sustained muscle work.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glycosyltransferase 3 family.
- Information by UniProt
- Glycogen [starch] synthase antibody
- Glycogen synthase 1 (muscle) antibody
- Glycogen synthase 1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Glycogen synthase 1/GYS1 (phospho S641) antibody [EP852Y] (ab81230) at 1/2000 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial cell line from cervix adenocarcinoma) treated with insulin at 20 ug/mL for 15 minutes. Whole cell lysates
Lane 2 : Untreated HeLa (Human epithelial cell line from cervix adenocarcinoma) whole cell lysates.
Lane 3 : Untreated HeLa (Human epithelial cell line from cervix adenocarcinoma) whole cell lysates.Then the membrane was incubated with phosphatase.
Lysates/proteins at 15 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/100000 dilution
Predicted band size: 85 kDa
Observed band size: 85 kDa
Exposure time: 1 second
Blocking/Diluting buffer and concentration: 5% NFDM/TBST
All lanes : Anti-Glycogen synthase 1/GYS1 (phospho S641) antibody [EP852Y] (ab81230) at 1/10000 dilution
Lane 1 : Mouse muscle lysate, untreated
Lane 2 : Mouse muscle lysate, treated with AP
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP labelled Goat anti-Rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 85 kDa
Observed band size: 85 kDa
Dot blot analysis of glycogen synthase 1/GYS1 (phospho S641) phospho peptide (Lane 1) and glycogen synthase 1/GYS1 non-phospho peptide (Lane 2) labeling synthase 1 (phospho S641) with ab81230 at a dilution of 1/1000. ab97051 (Peroxidase conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG) (H+L) at 1/100 000 was used as the secondary antibody.
Blocking and diluting buffer: 5% NFDM/TBST.
Exposure time: 3 minutes.
Immunohistochemical analysis of Human liver tissue, using 1/100 ab81230.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with EDTA buffer pH 9 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ab81230 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Shen J et al. Pressure suppresses hepatocellular glycogen synthesis through activating the p53/Pten pathway. Mol Med Rep 19:5105-5114 (2019). PubMed: 31059076
- Barker RG et al. Elevated GLUT4 and glycogenin protein abundance correspond to increased glycogen content in the soleus muscle of mdx mice with no benefit associated with taurine supplementation. Physiol Rep 6:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29484837
- Zang Y et al. Improvement of Lipid and Glucose Metabolism by Capsiate in Palmitic Acid-Treated HepG2 Cells via Activation of the AMPK/SIRT1 Signaling Pathway. J Agric Food Chem 66:6772-6781 (2018). PubMed: 29886733
- Zhang JS et al. Differential activity of GSK-3 isoforms regulates NF-?B and TRAIL- or TNFa induced apoptosis in pancreatic cancer cells. Cell Death Dis 5:e1142 (2014). WB . PubMed: 24675460
- Gao J et al. Increasing effect of Tangzhiqing formula on IRS-1-dependent PI3K/AKT signaling in muscle. BMC Complement Altern Med 14:198 (2014). WB . PubMed: 24952587
- Reichelt ME et al. Myocardial glycophagy - A specific glycogen handling response to metabolic stress is accentuated in the female heart. J Mol Cell Cardiol 65C:67-75 (2013). Mouse . PubMed: 24080183
- Zhang Y et al. Regulation of lipid and glucose homeostasis by mango tree leaf extract is mediated by AMPK and PI3K/AKT signaling pathways. Food Chem 141:2896-905 (2013). Mouse . PubMed: 23871039
- Luo X et al. Fasting-induced protein phosphatase 1 regulatory subunit contributes to postprandial blood glucose homeostasis via regulation of hepatic glycogenesis. Diabetes 60:1435-45 (2011). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 21471512