Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Glypican 1/ GPC1
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Glypican 1/ GPC1 antibody
See all Glypican 1/ GPC1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Glypican 1/ GPC1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic peptide (Human) corresponding to a C-terminal sequence.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab55971 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 62 kDa.|
FunctionCell surface proteoglycan that bears heparan sulfate.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glypican family.
modificationsThis cell-associated glypican is further processed to give rise to a medium-released species.
Cellular localizationCell membrane and Secreted > extracellular space.
- Information by UniProt
- FLJ38078 antibody
- glypican antibody
- Glypican proteoglycan 1 antibody
Anti-Glypican 1/ GPC1 antibody (ab55971) at 1/2000 dilution + lysate prepared from ScN2a cells.
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 62 kDa
Samples were prepared in dissociation buffer and boiled for 5 minutes. Proteins were resolved by SDS-PAGE using either 7–17% polyacrylamide gradient gels or 14.5% polyacrylamide gels. For western blot analysis, resolved proteins were transferred to Immobilon P polyvinylidene difluoride membrane. The membrane was blocked by incubation for 1 hour with phosphate-buffered saline containing 0.1% (v/v) Tween-20 and 5% (w/v) dried milk powder. Antibody incubations were performed in phosphate-buffered saline-Tween containing 2% (v/v) bovine serum albumin. Horseradish peroxidase-conjugated streptavidin was used at 1/2000.
ab55971 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Kölbel H et al. Identification of Candidate Protein Markers in Skeletal Muscle of Laminin-211-Deficient CMD Type 1A-Patients. Front Neurol 10:470 (2019). PubMed: 31133972
- Qadir F et al. Transcriptome reprogramming by cancer exosomes: identification of novel molecular targets in matrix and immune modulation. Mol Cancer 17:97 (2018). PubMed: 30008265
- Cave C et al. GDE2 is essential for neuronal survival in the postnatal mammalian spinal cord. Mol Neurodegener 12:8 (2017). PubMed: 28103900
- Sharma P et al. Evolutionarily conserved intercalated disc protein Tmem65 regulates cardiac conduction and connexin 43 function. Nat Commun 6:8391 (2015). WB . PubMed: 26403541
- Micieli JA et al. Anti-glycophorin C induces mitochondrial membrane depolarization and a loss of extracellular regulated kinase 1/2 protein kinase activity that is prevented by pretreatment with cytochalasin D: implications for hemolytic disease of the fetus and newborn caused by anti-Ge3. Transfusion 50:1761-5 (2010). PubMed: 20456692
- Taylor DR et al. Glypican-1 mediates both prion protein lipid raft association and disease isoform formation. PLoS Pathog 5:e1000666 (2009). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 19936054
- Elschenbroich S et al. Peptide separations by on-line MudPIT compared to isoelectric focusing in an off-gel format: application to a membrane-enriched fraction from C2C12 mouse skeletal muscle cells. J Proteome Res 8:4860-9 (2009). PubMed: 19670906