Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Glypican 3
- Suitable for: IHC-P, ICC/IF, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Glypican 3 antibody
See all Glypican 3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Glypican 3
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, ICC/IF, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Rabbit, Horse, Chicken, Guinea pig, Cow, Cat, Dog, Pig, Chimpanzee
- WB: Placenta lysate. ICC: HEK-293 cells. IHC-P: Human placenta tissue.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab66596 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 2.5 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 55 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 66 kDa). Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.|
FunctionCell surface proteoglycan that bears heparan sulfate. Inhibits the dipeptidyl peptidase activity of DPP4. May be involved in the suppression/modulation of growth in the predominantly mesodermal tissues and organs. May play a role in the modulation of IGF2 interactions with its receptor and thereby modulate its function. May regulate growth and tumor predisposition.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in lung, liver and kidney.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in GPC3 are the cause of Simpson-Golabi-Behmel syndrome type 1 (SGBS1) [MIM:312870]; also known as Simpson dysmorphia syndrome (SDYS). SGBS is a condition characterized by pre- and postnatal overgrowth (gigantism) with visceral and skeletal anomalies.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glypican family.
Cellular localizationCell membrane and Secreted > extracellular space.
- Information by UniProt
- DGSX antibody
- Glypican proteoglycan 3 antibody
- Glypican-3 [Precursor] antibody
Anti-Glypican 3 antibody (ab66596) at 2.5 µg/ml (in 5% skim milk / PBS buffer) + Placenta lysate at 10 µg
HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size: 66 kDa
Observed band size: 55 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Gel concentration: 12%
ICC/IF image of ab66596 stained HEK-293 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab66596, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
IHC image of ab66596 staining in human placenta formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab66596, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ab66596 has been referenced in 19 publications.
- Chen L et al. The role of bone marrow-derived cells in the origin of liver cancer revealed by single-cell sequencing. Cancer Biol Med 17:142-153 (2020). PubMed: 32296582
- Wei J et al. Establishment and characterization of the GC-030-35 cell line derived from gastric hepatoid adenocarcinoma. Cancer Manag Res 11:1275-1287 (2019). PubMed: 30799954
- Ni HM et al. Receptor-Interacting Serine/Threonine-Protein Kinase 3 (RIPK3)-Mixed Lineage Kinase Domain-Like Protein (MLKL)-Mediated Necroptosis Contributes to Ischemia-Reperfusion Injury of Steatotic Livers. Am J Pathol N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31026418
- Nakamura N et al. Elevated levels of circulating ITIH4 are associated with hepatocellular carcinoma with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease: from pig model to human study. BMC Cancer 19:621 (2019). PubMed: 31238892
- Ma XH et al. Development and in vitro study of a bi-specific magnetic resonance imaging molecular probe for hepatocellular carcinoma. World J Gastroenterol 25:3030-3043 (2019). PubMed: 31293339