Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to GNAL
- Suitable for: WB, ELISA, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-GNAL antibody
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to GNAL
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISA, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human GNAL aa 60-90 (internal sequence).
- Human brain tissue. Extracts from LOVO cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.87% Sodium chloride, 50% Glycerol, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab74049 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 44 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100.|
FunctionGuanine nucleotide-binding proteins (G proteins) are involved as modulators or transducers in various transmembrane signaling systems. G(olf) alpha mediates signal transduction within the olfactory neuroepithelium and the basal ganglia. May be involved in some aspect of visual transduction, and in mediating the effect of one or more hormones/neurotransmitters.
Tissue specificityDetected in olfactory neuroepithelium, brain, testis, and to a lower extent in retina, lung alveoli, spleen. Trace amounts where seen in kidney, adrenal gland and liver. Found to be expressed in all the insulinomas examined.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-alpha family. G(s) subfamily.
- Information by UniProt
- Adenylate cyclase stimulating G alpha protein, olfactory type antibody
- Adenylate cyclase-stimulating G alpha protein antibody
- DYT25 antibody
All lanes : Anti-GNAL antibody (ab74049) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : extracts from LOVO cells
Lane 2 : extracts from LOVO cells with immunizing peptide at 10 µg
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 44 kDa
Observed band size: 44 kDa
Immunohistochemistry analysis of paraffin-embedded human brain tissue using 1/50 ab74049, in the absence (left) or presence (right) of the immunizing peptide.
ab74049 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Song H et al. Quantitative Proteomic Study Reveals Up-Regulation of cAMP Signaling Pathway-Related Proteins in Mild Traumatic Brain Injury. J Proteome Res 17:858-869 (2018). PubMed: 29215295
- Gonçalves I et al. 'Smelling' the cerebrospinal fluid: olfactory signaling molecules are expressed in and mediate chemosensory signaling from the choroid plexus. FEBS J 283:1748-66 (2016). PubMed: 26934374
- Zhang L et al. Dopamine receptor and Ga(olf) expression in DYT1 dystonia mouse models during postnatal development. PLoS One 10:e0123104 (2015). WB . PubMed: 25860259
- Griffin CA et al. MOR23 promotes muscle regeneration and regulates cell adhesion and migration. Dev Cell 17:649-61 (2009). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 19922870