Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to GNAT1
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab74059 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 40 kDa.|
FunctionGuanine nucleotide-binding proteins (G proteins) are involved as modulators or transducers in various transmembrane signaling systems. Transducin is an amplifier and one of the transducers of a visual impulse that performs the coupling between rhodopsin and cGMP-phosphodiesterase.
Tissue specificityRod. Predominantly expressed in the retina followed by the ciliary body, iris and retinal pigment epithelium.
Involvement in diseaseNight blindness, congenital stationary, autosomal dominant 3
Night blindness, congenital stationary, 1C
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-alpha family. G(i/o/t/z) subfamily.
Developmental stageExpressed at approximately postnatal day 7.
- Information by UniProt
- CSNBAD3 antibody
- GBT1 antibody
- GNAT1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-GNAT1 antibody (ab74059) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : extracts from COLO cells
Lane 2 : extracts from COLO cells with immunizing peptide at 10 µg
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 40 kDa
Observed band size: 40 kDa
Additional bands at: 48 kDa, 70 kDa, 85 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ab74059 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Cammalleri M et al. The urokinase-type plasminogen activator system as drug target in retinitis pigmentosa: New pre-clinical evidence in the rd10 mouse model. J Cell Mol Med 23:5176-5192 (2019). PubMed: 31251468
- Szabó K et al. Histological Evaluation of Diabetic Neurodegeneration in the Retina of Zucker Diabetic Fatty (ZDF) Rats. Sci Rep 7:8891 (2017). PubMed: 28827737
- Szabó K et al. Immunocytochemical analysis of misplaced rhodopsin-positive cells in the developing rodent retina. Cell Tissue Res 356:49-63 (2014). PubMed: 24496510
- Chucair-Elliott AJ et al. Leukemia Inhibitory Factor (LIF) coordinates the downregulation of the visual cycle in the retina and retinal pigmented epithelium (RPE). J Biol Chem : (2012). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 22645143
- Goto M et al. Phosphodiesterase inhibitors block the acceleration of skin permeability barrier repair by red light. Exp Dermatol 20:568-71 (2011). IHC-Fr ; Mouse . PubMed: 21410772