Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Chicken IgY - H&L (Alexa Fluor® 488), pre-adsorbed
- Conjugation: Alexa Fluor® 488. Ex: 495nm, Em: 519nm
- Host species: Goat
- Isotype: IgG
- Suitable for: IHC-Fr, ICC/IF, ELISA, IHC-P, Flow Cyt
Product nameGoat Anti-Chicken IgY H&L (Alexa Fluor® 488) preadsorbed
See all IgY secondary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Chicken IgY - H&L (Alexa Fluor® 488), pre-adsorbed
By immunoelectrophoresis and ELISA this antibody reacts specifically with chicken IgY and with light chains common to other chicken immunoglobulins. No antibody was detected against non-immunoglobulin serum proteins. Reduced cross-reactivity to bovine, goat, horse, human, mouse, pig, rabbit and rat IgG was detected. This antibody may cross react with IgG from other species.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Fr, ICC/IF, ELISA, IHC-P, Flow Cytmore details
Cow, Horse, Human, Mouse, Pig, Rabbit, RatTo ensure minimal cross-reactivity, the antibody has been pre-adsorbed with serum proteins from the following species.more details
The details of the immunogen for this antibody are not available.
ConjugationAlexa Fluor® 488. Ex: 495nm, Em: 519nm
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle. Stable for 12 months at -20°C. Store In the Dark.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 23% Glycerol, PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesAntiserum was cross adsorbed using bovine, horse, human, mouse, pig, rabbit and rat immunosorbents to remove cross reactive Antibodies. The antibody to chicken IgG was isolated by affinity chromatography using antigen coupled to agarose beads.
Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc, a Thermo Fisher Scientific Company. The Alexa Fluor® dye included in this product is provided under an intellectual property license from Life Technologies Corporation. As this product contains the Alexa Fluor® dye, the purchase of this product conveys to the buyer the non-transferable right to use the purchased product and components of the product only in research conducted by the buyer (whether the buyer is an academic or for-profit entity). As this product contains the Alexa Fluor® dye the sale of this product is expressly conditioned on the buyer not using the product or its components, or any materials made using the product or its components, in any activity to generate revenue, which may include, but is not limited to use of the product or its components: in manufacturing; (ii) to provide a service, information, or data in return for payment (iii) for therapeutic, diagnostic or prophylactic purposes; or (iv) for resale, regardless of whether they are sold for use in research. For information on purchasing a license to this product for purposes other than research, contact Life Technologies Corporation, 5781 Van Allen Way, Carlsbad, CA 92008 USA or email@example.com.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab150173 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||1/200 - 1/1000.|
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
ICC/IF image of ab89984 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab89984, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab150173 Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-chicken IgG (H+L) used at 2µg/ml for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
HeLa cells showing negative staining by ICC/IF using only secondary antibody. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The secondary antibody (green) was ab150173 Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-chicken IgG (H+L) used at 2µg/ml for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab150173 has been referenced in 20 publications.
- Skórkowska A et al. Effect of Combined Prenatal and Adult Benzophenone-3 Dermal Exposure on Factors Regulating Neurodegenerative Processes, Blood Hormone Levels, and Hematological Parameters in Female Rats. Neurotox Res 37:683-701 (2020). PubMed: 31970650
- Hayat H et al. Locus coeruleus norepinephrine activity mediates sensory-evoked awakenings from sleep. Sci Adv 6:eaaz4232 (2020). PubMed: 32285002
- Cho Y et al. Elevated O-GlcNAcylation induces an antidepressant-like phenotype and decreased inhibitory transmission in medial prefrontal cortex. Sci Rep 10:6924 (2020). PubMed: 32332789
- Namba MD et al. Accumbens neuroimmune signaling and dysregulation of astrocytic glutamate transport underlie conditioned nicotine-seeking behavior. Addict Biol N/A:e12797 (2019). PubMed: 31330570
- Ionescu A et al. Targeting the Sigma-1 Receptor via Pridopidine Ameliorates Central Features of ALS Pathology in a SOD1G93A Model. Cell Death Dis 10:210 (2019). PubMed: 30824685