Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.878% Sodium chloride, 1% BSA, 0.424% Potassium phosphate
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesThis product was prepared from monospecific antiserum by immunoaffinity chromatography using mouse IgG coupled to agarose beads followed by solid phase adsorption(s) to remove any unwanted reactivities.
The conjugate is expected to have between 5 and 10 moles of biotin per mole of IgG.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab6788 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||1/1000 - 1/5000.|
|ICC||Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 17980964|
|Dot blot||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Immunomicroscopy||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||1/2000 - 1/20000.|
IHC image of Histone H1 staining in a section of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded human normal colon*.
The section was pre-treated using pressure cooker heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH 6) for 30 mins. The section was then incubated with ab11080, 1/1,000 dilution, for 15 mins at room temperature. A goat anti-mouse biotinylated secondary antibody (ab6788, 1/1000 dilution), was used to detect the primary, and visualized using an HRP conjugated ABC system. Streptavidin HRP was used, ab7403 at a 1/10,000 dilution. DAB was used as the chromogen (ab103723), diluted 1/100 and incubated for 10 min at room temperature. The section was then counterstained with hematoxylin and mounted with DPX. The inset negative control image is taken from an identical assay without primary antibody.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
*Tissue obtained from the Human Research Tissue Bank, supported by the NIHR Cambridge Biomedical Research Centre
ELISA - Goat Anti-Mouse IgG H&L (Biotin) (ab6788)
ELISA results of purified ab6788 tested against purified Mouse IgG. Each well was coated in duplicate with 1.0 µg of Mouse IgG. The starting dilution of antibody was 5 µg/ml and the X-axis represents the Log 10 of a 3-fold dilution. This titration is a 4-parameter curve fit where the IC50 is defined as the titer of the antibody. Assay performed using 3% fish gelatin as blocking buffer, Streptavidin Peroxidase Conjugated and TMB substrate.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab6788 has been referenced in 37 publications.
- Hughes LJ et al. Magnitude and diversity of immune response to vaccinia virus is dependent on route of administration. Virology 544:55-63 (2020). PubMed: 32174514
- Tang Z et al. Antitumor Drug Combretastatin-A4 Phosphate Aggravates the Symptoms of Dextran Sulfate Sodium-Induced Ulcerative Colitis in Mice. Front Pharmacol 11:339 (2020). PubMed: 32265711
- Yao Y et al. Knockdown of long noncoding RNA Malat1 aggravates hypoxia-induced cardiomyocyte injury by targeting miR-217. Adv Clin Exp Med 28:719-728 (2019). PubMed: 30843674
- Foyt DA et al. Hypoxia impacts human MSC response to substrate stiffness during chondrogenic differentiation. Acta Biomater 89:73-83 (2019). PubMed: 30844569
- Yu B et al. LPS-induced upregulation of the TLR4 signaling pathway inhibits osteogenic differentiation of human periodontal ligament stem cells under inflammatory conditions. Int J Mol Med 43:2341-2351 (2019). PubMed: 31017254