Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to GODZ/DHHC-3
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-GODZ/DHHC-3 antibody
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to GODZ/DHHC-3
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Xenopus laevis
Previously labelled as GODZ.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab31837 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 34 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 34 kDa).|
FunctionPalmitoyltransferase with broad specificity. Palmitoylates GABA receptors on their gamma subunit (GABRG1, GABRG2 and GABRG3), which regulates synaptic clustering and/or cell surface stability. Palmitoylates glutamate receptors GRIA1 and GRIA2, which leads to their retention in Golgi.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the DHHC palmitoyltransferase family.
Contains 1 DHHC-type zinc finger.
DomainThe DHHC domain is required for palmitoyltransferase activity.
Cellular localizationGolgi apparatus membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- DHHC-3 antibody
- GABA-A receptor-associated membrane protein 1 antibody
- GODZ antibody
Anti-GODZ/DHHC-3 antibody (ab31837) at 1 µg/ml + Cerebellum (Mouse) Tissue Lysate at 20 µg
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 34 kDa
Observed band size: 34 kDa
Additional bands at: 40 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 1 minute
ab31837 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Mukherjee A et al. Specific Palmitoyltransferases Associate with and Activate the Epithelial Sodium Channel. J Biol Chem 292:4152-4163 (2017). PubMed: 28154191
- Kilpatrick CL et al. Dissociation of Golgi-associated DHHC-type Zinc Finger Protein (GODZ)- and Sertoli Cell Gene with a Zinc Finger Domain-ß (SERZ-ß)-mediated Palmitoylation by Loss of Function Analyses in Knock-out Mice. J Biol Chem 291:27371-27386 (2016). PubMed: 27875292
- Lievens PM et al. ZDHHC3 Tyrosine Phosphorylation Regulates Neural Cell Adhesion Molecule Palmitoylation. Mol Cell Biol 36:2208-25 (2016). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 27247265
- Lai J & Linder ME Oligomerization of DHHC protein S-acyltransferases. J Biol Chem 288:22862-70 (2013). PubMed: 23793055
- Levy AD et al. Subcellular Golgi localization of stathmin family proteins is promoted by a specific set of DHHC palmitoyl transferases. Mol Biol Cell 22:1930-42 (2011). PubMed: 21471001
- Shmueli A et al. Ndel1 palmitoylation: a new mean to regulate cytoplasmic dynein activity. EMBO J 29:107-19 (2010). WB, ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 19927128
- Noritake J et al. Mobile DHHC palmitoylating enzyme mediates activity-sensitive synaptic targeting of PSD-95. J Cell Biol 186:147-60 (2009). WB, ICC/IF ; Rat . PubMed: 19596852
- Tsutsumi R et al. Identification of G protein alpha subunit-palmitoylating enzyme. Mol Cell Biol 29:435-47 (2009). WB, ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 19001095