Product nameGold Conjugation Kit (10 nm, 20 OD)
See all Gold kits
Abcam’s Gold Conjugation Kit allows antibodies or proteins to be covalently attached to ultra-stable Gold nanoparticles at very high OD quickly and easily. The nanoparticles in the Abcam’s Gold Conjugation Kit have a protective surface coat that can withstand the most extreme conditions (e.g. 2.5M NaOH at 70°C for > 1 hour). The hands-on time for the Abcam Gold conjugation procedure is around 2 minutes and the conjugate is ready to use within 20 minutes. The researcher simply pipettes the biomolecule into a vial containing the nanoparticles of the Gold Conjugation Kit.
The nanoparticles in this kit are supplied as a freeze-dried mixture. The conjugation reaction is initiated simply by reconstituting the freeze-dried nanoparticles with the antibody, which becomes attached (through lysine residues) to the surface of the nanoparticles.
The resulting covalent conjugates are more stable than those prepared by passive adsorption methods. Moreover, unlike passive methods, the coating process is independent of the isoelectric point of the antibody, avoiding the need for extensive trials at different pH values. All antibodies can be labelled at a single pH.
Learn more about buffer compatibility, protein/secondary antibody conjugation and labeling chemistry in our FAQs.
Easy and rapid conjugation – only 2 minutes hands-on time and 100% recovery of materials
Site-specific labelling – Antigen binding sites of antibodies are free to bind the target molecule
Proprietary surface coating prevents metal-protein interactions, and enables covalent attachment to the Gold – Stable conjugates formed
Fully scalable – Easy transfer from R&D to manufacturing
Uniform spherical shape and narrow size distribution – Consistent high quality and excellent batch-to-batch reproducibility
The biomolecule to be conjugated should ideally be in 10 mM amine-free buffer (e.g. MES, MOPS, HEPES), pH range 6.5 to 8.5. Sugars have no effect on conjugation efficiency. For incompatible buffers and low antibody concentrations, use our rapid antibody purification and concentration kits for Nanoparticles. To learn more about incompatible buffers, please refer to the protocol booklet.
This product is manufactured by Expedeon, an Abcam company, and was previously called 10nm InnovaCoat® GOLD. 228-0015 is the same as the 1 x 25 µg size. 228-0010 is the same as the 10 x 2.5 µg size. 228-0005 is the same as the 3 x 2.5 µg size.
The 3 and 10 Test Conjugation Kits are designed to label 12 µl of antibody per vial. The 1 Test Conjugation Kit is designed to label 120 µl of antibody per vial.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 3 x 2.5 µg 10 x 2.5 µg 1 x 25 µg ab273944 - Gold 10nm 3 x 2500ng 10 x 2500ng 1 x 25µg ab273943 - Gold Antibody Diluent 1 x 1ml 1 x 4ml 1 x 4ml ab273942 - Gold Quencher Reagent 1 x 700µl 1 x 700µl 1 x 700µl ab273941 - Gold Reaction Buffer 1 x 750µl 1 x 750µl 1 x 750µl
Vlcnovska, Marcela, et al used Gold Conjugation Kit (10 nm, 20 OD) (ab201808) as part of examining antibody activity after binding to nanoparticles. They used the kit to conjugate Gold to monoclonal anti-DO-1 antibody for use in LA-ICP-MS dot-blot analysis.
Inductively-coupled laser ablation plasma mass spectrometry (LA-ICP-MS) dot-blot analysis of p53 protein standard (total protein amount 0.10-10.00 ng) using DO-1 antibody conjugates with Europium nanoparticles (EuNPs).
GOLD Conjugation Kit (10nm, 20OD)
ab201808 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Vlcnovska M et al. Comparison of Metal Nanoparticles (Au, Ag, Eu, Cd) Used for Immunoanalysis Using LA-ICP-MS Detection. Molecules 26:N/A (2021). PubMed: 33530345
- Peruzzotti-Jametti L et al. Neural stem cells traffic functional mitochondria via extracellular vesicles. PLoS Biol 19:e3001166 (2021). PubMed: 33826607
- Tvrdonova M et al. Gold nanoparticles as labels for immunochemical analysis using laser ablation inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry. Anal Bioanal Chem 411:559-564 (2019). PubMed: 30109381
- Auvinen K et al. Fenestral diaphragms and PLVAP associations in liver sinusoidal endothelial cells are developmentally regulated. Sci Rep 9:15698 (2019). PubMed: 31666588
- Choe J et al. mRNA circularization by METTL3-eIF3h enhances translation and promotes oncogenesis. Nature 561:556-560 (2018). PubMed: 30232453
- Della Ventura B et al. Effective antibodies immobilization and functionalized nanoparticles in a quartz-crystal microbalance-based immunosensor for the detection of parathion. PLoS One 12:e0171754 (2017). PubMed: 28182720