Product nameGOLD Conjugation Kit (20nm, 20OD)
Abcam’s GOLD Conjugation Kit (20nm, 20OD) (ab188215) allows antibodies or proteins to be covalently attached to ultra-stable* Gold nanoparticles at very high OD quickly and easily. The hands-on time for the Gold conjugation procedure is about 2 minutes and the conjugate is ready to use within 20 minutes.
*Gold has a protective surface coat that can withstand the most extreme conditions (e.g. 2.5M NaOH at 70°C for >1 hour).
The Gold nanoparticles in this kit are supplied as a freeze dried mixture. The conjugation reaction is initiated simply by adding a solution of the antibody, which becomes attached (via lysine residues) to the gold surface.
The resulting covalent conjugates are more stable than those prepared by passive adsorption methods. Moreover, unlike passive methods, the coating procedure is not dependent on the isoelectric point of the antibody, and extensive trials at different pH values are not required; all antibodies react at a single fixed pH.
The 3 and 10 Test Conjugation Kits are designed to label 12 µl of antibody per vial. The 1 Test Conjugation Kit is designed to label 120 µl of antibody per vial.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Conjugationmore details
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 3 tests 10 tests 1 tests Gold 20nm 3 vials 10 vials 1 vial Gold 20nm Antibody Diluent 1 vial 1 vial 1 vial Gold 20nm Quencher Reagent 1 vial 1 vial 1 vial Gold 20nm Reaction Buffer 1 vial 1 vial 1 vial
- Antibody Concentration Kit (ab102778)
- Antibody Purification Kit (Protein A) (ab102784)
- Antibody TCS Purification Kit (ab109207)
- Antibody Serum Purification Kit (Protein A) (ab109209)
- Mouse Antibody Purification Kit (ab128745)
- Mouse TCS Purification System (ab128749)
- Silver Enhancer Kit (High Quality) (ab170732)
- Silver Enhancer Kit (Light Insensitive) (ab170733)
- His-tagged Protein Gold Detection Kit (ab170734)
- Vanadium Negative Stain (ab172780)
- BSA Removal Kit (ab173231)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab188215 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Conjugation||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
ab188215 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.