Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR3606] to GOLPH2
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-GOLPH2 antibody [EPR3606]
See all GOLPH2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR3606] to GOLPH2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt or ICC/IF
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human GOLPH2 aa 300-400. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- IHC: Human colon and small intestine tissue; WB: LNCaP, Huh7, MDA-MB-231, HepG2, and SH-SY5Y whole cell lysates.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.05% BSA, 40% Glycerol, 59% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab109628 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 45 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/3000. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
For unpurified use 1/500 - 1/1000
FunctionUnknown. Cellular response protein to viral infection.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed. Highly expressed in colon, prostate, trachea and stomach. Expressed at lower level in testis, muscle, lymphoid tissues, white blood cells and spleen. Predominantly expressed by cells of the epithelial lineage. Expressed at low level in normal liver. Expression significantly increases in virus (HBV, HCV) infected liver. Expression does not increase in liver disease due to non-viral causes (alcohol-induced liver disease, autoimmune hepatitis). Increased expression in hepatocytes appears to be a general feature of advanced liver disease. In liver tissue from patients with adult giant-cell hepatitis (GCH), it is strongly expressed in hepatocyte-derived syncitial giant cells. Constitutively expressed by biliary epithelial cells but not by hepatocytes.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the GOLM1/CASC4 family.
Phosphorylation sites are present in the extracelllular medium.
Cellular localizationGolgi apparatus > cis-Golgi network membrane. Early Golgi. Cycles via the cell surface and endosomes upon lumenal pH disruption.
- Information by UniProt
- bA379P1.3 antibody
- C9orf155 antibody
- Chromosome 9 open reading frame 155 antibody
All lanes : Anti-GOLPH2 antibody [EPR3606] (ab109628) at 1/1000 dilution (Purified)
Lane 1 : Huh7 (Human hepatocellular carcinoma epithelial cell) whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : MDA-MB-231 (Human breast adenocarcinoma epithelial cell) whole cell lysate
Lane 3 : LNCaP (Human prostate carcinoma epithelial cell) whole cell lysate
Lane 4 : HepG2 (Human hepatocellular carcinoma epithelial cell) whole cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/20000 dilution
Predicted band size: 45 kDa
Observed band size: 75 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
The molecular weight observed is consistent with what has been described in PMID:18953438 and PMID: 10831838.
The expression level of GOLPH2 in Huh7 and HepG2 cells is consistent with what has been described in PMID: 27569582.
Blocking/Diluting buffer: 5% NFDM/TBST
Loading Control: Rabbit monoclonal [EPR16891] to GAPDH (ab181602)
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human colon tissue sections labeling GOLPH2 with purified ab109628 at 1/3000 dilution (0.19 µg/mL). Heat mediated antigen retrieval was performed using ab93684 (Tris/EDTA buffer, pH 9.0). ImmunoHistoProbe one step HRP Polymer (ready to use) was used as the secondary antibody. Negative control: PBS instead of the primary antibody. Hematoxylin was used as a counterstain.
All lanes : Anti-GOLPH2 antibody [EPR3606] (ab109628) at 1/1000 dilution (unpurified)
Lane 1 : LnCaP cell lysate
Lane 2 : SH-SY5Y cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP labelled Goat anti-Rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 45 kDa
Immunohistochemical analysis of GOLPH2 in paraffin-embedded Human colon tissue using ab109628, unpurified, at 1/500 dilution.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ab109628, unpurified, staining GOLPH2 in Human small intestine by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections).
Tissue was fixed with paraformaldehyde and blocked with 5% milk for 30 min at 37°C; antigen retrieval was by heat mediation. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/1000 in diluent) for 1 hour at 37°C. An undiluted HRP-conjugated goat anti-rabbit polyclonal IgG was used as the secondary antibody.
ab109628 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Wang L et al. Serum Golgi Protein 73 as a Potential Biomarker for Hepatic Necroinflammation in Population with Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis. Dis Markers 2020:6036904 (2020). PubMed: 32089754
- Yang HJ et al. GP73 promotes invasion and metastasis of bladder cancer by regulating the epithelial-mesenchymal transition through the TGF-ß1/Smad2 signalling pathway. J Cell Mol Med 22:1650-1665 (2018). WB ; Human . PubMed: 29349903
- Duan J et al. GOLPH2, a gene downstream of ras signaling, promotes the progression of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. Mol Med Rep 17:4187-4194 (2018). PubMed: 29344673
- Yang L et al. DNMT1/miR-200a/GOLM1 signaling pathway regulates lung adenocarcinoma cells proliferation. Biomed Pharmacother 99:839-847 (2018). WB . PubMed: 29710483
- Zhang W et al. Golgi Phosphoprotein 2 Is a Novel Regulator of IL-12 Production and Macrophage Polarization. J Immunol 200:1480-1488 (2018). PubMed: 29298830
- Liu T et al. Serum Golgi protein 73 is not a suitable diagnostic marker for hepatocellular carcinoma. Oncotarget 8:16498-16506 (2017). PubMed: 28157705
- Zhong Y et al. Characterization and sub-cellular localization of GalNAc-binding proteins isolated from human hepatic stellate cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 468:906-12 (2015). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 26616059