Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to GOLPH3/MIDAS
- Suitable for: ICC, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-GOLPH3/MIDAS antibody
See all GOLPH3/MIDAS primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to GOLPH3/MIDAS
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human GOLPH3/MIDAS (N terminal).
Database link: AAH12123
This product was previously labelled as GOLPH3
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab91492 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 34 kDa.|
FunctionInvolved in modulation of mTOR signaling. Involved in the regulation of mitochondrial lipids, leading to increase of mitochondrial mass. Potential oncogene.
Tissue specificityDetected in muscle fibers of patients with mitochondrial diseases; not detected in normal muscle fibers.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the GOLPH3/VPS74 family.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Endosome. Cytoplasm. Golgi apparatus > Golgi stack membrane. Mitochondrion intermembrane space.
- Information by UniProt
- Coat protein antibody
- Coat protein GPP34 antibody
- FLJ90675 antibody
Lane 1 : Anti-GOLPH3/MIDAS antibody (ab91492) at 0.5 µg/ml
Lane 2 : Anti-GOLPH3/MIDAS antibody (ab91492) at 1 µg/ml
All lanes : rat lung tissue lysate
Lysates/proteins at 15 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 34 kDa
Observed band size: 28 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 38 kDa, 42 kDa, 50 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ab91492 staining GOLPH3/MIDAS in human K562 cells by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence.Cells were fixed in formaldehyde, blocked with 2% serum for 1 hour at 22°C and then incubated with ab91492 at a 1/150 dilution for 1 hour at 22°C. The secondary used was a DyLight 594 conjugated donkey anti-rabbit polyclonal used at a 1/200 dilution.Blue is nucleus staining by DAPI, red is GOLPH3/MIDAS.
ab91492, staining GOLPH3/MIDAS (red) in HCV-infected Huh 7.5.1 cells, by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence.
Cells were fixed in 3% paraformaldehyde, permeabilized and blocked in antibody-binding buffer for 2 hours at 4°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody and a fluorescence-conjugated donkey anti-rabbit IgG was used as the secondary antibody. Nuclei were counterstained with DAPI (blue).
ab91492, staining GOLPH3/MIDAS in bovine aortic endothelial cells, by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence.
Cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde, permeabilized with 0.1% Triton X-100/PBS for 15 min at RT and blocked with 5% donkey serum/0.3% BSA/PBS for 30 min at RT. Samples were incubated with primary antibody at 1/100 dilution overnight at 4°C. An AlexaFlour®568-conjugated anti-rabbit IgG (1/500) was used as the secondary antibody.
Immunofluorescence of GOLPH3/MIDAS in Rat Lung cells using ab91492 at 20 ug/ml.
ab91492 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Zhao C et al. GOLPH3 Promotes Angiogenesis of Lung Adenocarcinoma by Regulating the Wnt/ß-Catenin Signaling Pathway. Onco Targets Ther 13:6265-6277 (2020). PubMed: 32636646
- Peñalver-González B et al. Golgi Oncoprotein GOLPH3 Gene Expression Is Regulated by Functional E2F and CREB/ATF Promoter Elements. Genes (Basel) 10:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30934642
- Song Q et al. ATF-3/miR-590/GOLPH3 signaling pathway regulates proliferation of breast cancer. BMC Cancer 18:255 (2018). PubMed: 29534690
- Tang S et al. Expression of GOLPH3 in patients with non-small cell lung cancer and xenografts models. Oncol Lett 15:7555-7562 (2018). PubMed: 29849795
- Tang S et al. GOLPH3: a novel biomarker that correlates with poor survival and resistance to chemotherapy in breast cancer. Oncotarget 8:105155-105169 (2017). PubMed: 29285241
- Sangwung P et al. Proteomic identification of S-nitrosylated Golgi proteins: new insights into endothelial cell regulation by eNOS-derived NO. PLoS One 7:e31564 (2012). ICC/IF ; Cow . PubMed: 22363674
- Bishé B et al. Role of Phosphatidylinositol 4-Phosphate (PI4P) and Its Binding Protein GOLPH3 in Hepatitis C Virus Secretion. J Biol Chem 287:27637-47 (2012). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 22745132