Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to GOLPH3/MIDAS
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-GOLPH3/MIDAS antibody
See all GOLPH3/MIDAS primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to GOLPH3/MIDAS
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Cow, Zebrafish
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human GOLPH3/MIDAS aa 1-100 (N terminal) conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- This antibody gave a positive signal in Human, Mouse and Rat Lung Tissue Lysates, and in HeLa and A549 Whole Cell Lysates.
This product was previously labelled as GOLPH3
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab98023 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 34 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 34 kDa).|
FunctionInvolved in modulation of mTOR signaling. Involved in the regulation of mitochondrial lipids, leading to increase of mitochondrial mass. Potential oncogene.
Tissue specificityDetected in muscle fibers of patients with mitochondrial diseases; not detected in normal muscle fibers.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the GOLPH3/VPS74 family.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Endosome. Cytoplasm. Golgi apparatus > Golgi stack membrane. Mitochondrion intermembrane space.
- Information by UniProt
- Coat protein antibody
- Coat protein GPP34 antibody
- FLJ90675 antibody
All lanes : Anti-GOLPH3/MIDAS antibody (ab98023) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : Lung (Human) Tissue Lysate
Lane 3 : A549 (Human lung adenocarcinoma epithelial cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 4 :
Mouse lung normal tissue lysate - total protein (ab29297)
Lane 5 : Lung (Rat) Tissue Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 34 kDa
Observed band size: 34 kDa
Additional bands at: 32 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 30 seconds
The predicted molecular weight of GOLPH3/MIDAS is 34-kDa. We are unsure why we are seeing an additional band in HeLa and A549 whole cell lysates. Abcam welcomes customer feedback and would appreciate any comments regarding this product and the data presented above.
ICC/IF image of ab98023 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab98023, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899, DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM. This antibody also gave a positive result in 4% PFA fixed (10 min) Hek293, HepG2 and MCF7 cells at 5µg/ml.
ab98023 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Lu LQ et al. Regulation of the Golgi apparatus via GOLPH3-mediated new selective autophagy. Life Sci 253:117700 (2020). PubMed: 32335164
- Arriagada C et al. The knocking down of the oncoprotein Golgi phosphoprotein 3 in T98G cells of glioblastoma multiforme disrupts cell migration by affecting focal adhesion dynamics in a focal adhesion kinase-dependent manner. PLoS One 14:e0212321 (2019). PubMed: 30779783
- Wang X et al. Golgi phosphoprotein 3 sensitizes the tumour suppression effect of gefitinib on gliomas. Cell Prolif 52:e12636 (2019). PubMed: 31094020
- Liu H et al. Golgi phosphoprotein 3 (GOLPH3) promotes hepatocellular carcinoma progression by activating mTOR signaling pathway. BMC Cancer 18:661 (2018). PubMed: 29914442
- Tenorio MJ et al. Distinct Biochemical Pools of Golgi Phosphoprotein 3 in the Human Breast Cancer Cell Lines MCF7 and MDA-MB-231. PLoS One 11:e0154719 (2016). PubMed: 27123979
- Guo YT et al. Correlational research of Golgi phosphorylation protein 3 expression in colorectal cancer. World J Gastroenterol 21:13473-9 (2015). PubMed: 26730158