Product nameAnti-Granulin antibody
See all Granulin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Granulin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Recombinant fragment corresponding to Human Granulin aa 20-310.
CPDGQFCPVAC CLDPGGASYS CCRPLLDKWP TTLSRHLGGP CQVDAHCSAG HSCIFTVSGT SSCCPFPEAV ACGDGHHCCP RGFHCSADGR SCFQRSGNNS VGAIQCPDSQ FECPDFSTCC VMVDGSWGCC PMPQASCCED RVHCCPHGAF CDLVHTRCIT PTGTHPLAKK LPAQRTNRAV ALSSSVMCPD ARSRCPDGST CCELPSGKYG CCPMPNATCC SDHLHCCPQD TVCDLIQSKC LSKENATTDL LTKLPAHTVG DVKCDMEVSC PDGYTCCRLQ SGAWGCCPFT
Database link: P28799
- WB: HL60, PC12, MCF7, THP1, HepG2 and 293T cell line lysates; Mouse kidney, liver and spleen tissue lysates.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.3
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 49% PBS, 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- HepG2 whole cell lysate (ab166833)
- Mouse liver tissue lysate - total protein (ab29301)
- Mouse kidney normal tissue lysate - total protein (ab29305)
- MCF7 whole cell lysate (ab29537)
- MCF7 whole cell lysate (ab3871)
- HepG2 whole cell lysate (ab7900)
- THP1 whole cell lysate (ab7913)
- HL60 whole cell lysate (ab7914)
- Mouse spleen tissue lysate - total protein (ab7937)
- 293T whole cell lysate (ab95494)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab191211 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 64 kDa.|
FunctionGranulins have possible cytokine-like activity. They may play a role in inflammation, wound repair, and tissue remodeling.
Granulin-4 promotes proliferation of the epithelial cell line A431 in culture while granulin-3 acts as an antagonist to granulin-4, inhibiting the growth.
Tissue specificityIn myelogenous leukemic cell lines of promonocytic, promyelocytic, and proerythroid lineage, in fibroblasts, and very strongly in epithelial cell lines. Present in inflammatory cells and bone marrow. Highest levels in kidney.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in GRN are the cause of ubiquitin-positive frontotemporal dementia (UP-FTD) [MIM:607485]; also known as tau-negative frontotemporal dementia linked to chromosome 17. Frontotemporal dementia (FTD) is the second most common cause of dementia in people under the age of 65 years. It is an autosomal dominant neurodegenerative disease.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the granulin family.
modificationsGranulins are disulfide bridged.
- Information by UniProt
- Acrogranin antibody
- CLN11 antibody
- GEP antibody
All lanes : Anti-Granulin antibody (ab191211) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : HL60 cell line lysate
Lane 2 : THP1 cell line lysate
Lane 3 : PC12 cell line lysate
Lane 4 : 293T cell line lysate
Lane 5 : HepG2 cell line lysate
Lane 6 : MCF7 cell line lysate
Lane 7 : Mouse liver tissue lysate
Lane 8 : Mouse spleen tissue lysate
Lane 9 : Mouse kidney tissue lysate
Lysates/proteins at 25 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L)
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 64 kDa
Exposure time: 5 seconds
Blocking buffer: 3% nonfat dry milk in TBST.
This product has been referenced in:
- Zhao XA et al. Emodin Alleviates Liver Fibrosis of Mice by Reducing Infiltration of Gr1hi Monocytes. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2018:5738101 (2018). Read more (PubMed: 29743924) »
- Xie W et al. miR-34b-5p inhibition attenuates lung inflammation and apoptosis in an LPS-induced acute lung injury mouse model by targeting progranulin. J Cell Physiol 233:6615-6631 (2018). Read more (PubMed: 29150939) »