Key features and details
- Assay type: Enzyme activity (quantitative)
- Detection method: Fluorescent
- Platform: Microplate reader
- Sample type: Cell Lysate
Product nameGranzyme B Activity Assay Kit (Fluorometric)
See all Granzyme B kits
Sample typeCell Lysate
Assay typeEnzyme activity (quantitative)
Species reactivityReacts with: Mammals, Other species
In Abcam's Granzyme B Activity Assay Kit (Fluorometric), active human Granzyme B enzyme hydrolyzes the specific substrate to release the quench of fluorescent group, which can be detected fluorometrically at Ex/Em = 380/500 nm. This Assay Kit is rapid, reliable and sensitive and can detect Granzyme B activity in various biological samples.
Granzyme B (GZMB, EC number 184.108.40.206) also known as Granzyme-2 is a serine protease stored in the granules of activated cytotoxic T cells and NK cells. Upon target cell contact, Granzyme B is directionally exocytosed and with the assistance of perforin enters the target cell. With its unique substrate specificity (Granzyme B prefers an aspartic acid residue at the P1 site of its substrates), Granzyme B processes and activates various pro-caspases thereby inducing apoptosis in the target cell.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 100 tests AFC Standard Yellow 1 x 0.1ml Granzyme B Assay Buffer WM 1 x 25ml Granzyme B Positive Control Green 1 vial Granzyme B Substrate Red 1 x 0.5ml
FunctionThis enzyme is necessary for target cell lysis in cell-mediated immune responses. It cleaves after Asp. Seems to be linked to an activation cascade of caspases (aspartate-specific cysteine proteases) responsible for apoptosis execution. Cleaves caspase-3, -7, -9 and 10 to give rise to active enzymes mediating apoptosis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase S1 family. Granzyme subfamily.
Contains 1 peptidase S1 domain.
Cellular localizationCytoplasmic granule. Cytoplasmic granules of cytolytic T-lymphocytes and natural killer cells.
- Information by UniProt
- Cathepsin G like 1
- Cathepsin G-like 1
- FCCP, mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation uncoupler (ab120081)
- Cycloheximide, Protein synthesis inhibitor (ab120093)
- SB431542, ALK inhibitor (ab120163)
- Z-VAD(OH)-FMK, Irreversible general caspase inhibitor (ab120382)
- Z-VAD(OMe)-FMK, Cell permeable, irreversible pan-caspase inhibitor (ab120487)
- Doxorubicin hydrochloride, Topoisomerase II inhibitor (ab120629)
- Dorsomorphin (Compound C), AMP-kinase inhibitor (ab120843)
- Calcein AM, fluorescent dye for cell viability (ab141420)
ab157403 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.