Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Granzyme B
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Granzyme B antibody
See all Granzyme B primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Granzyme B
SpecificityDetects endogenous levels of total Granzyme B protein. Due to sequence homology this antibody is predicted to cross-react with granzyme H.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide (Human)
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride, PBS
Without Mg+2 and Ca+2
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab53097 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/300 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 28 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 28 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 50 - 100 µg/ml.|
FunctionThis enzyme is necessary for target cell lysis in cell-mediated immune responses. It cleaves after Asp. Seems to be linked to an activation cascade of caspases (aspartate-specific cysteine proteases) responsible for apoptosis execution. Cleaves caspase-3, -7, -9 and 10 to give rise to active enzymes mediating apoptosis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase S1 family. Granzyme subfamily.
Contains 1 peptidase S1 domain.
Cellular localizationCytoplasmic granule. Cytoplasmic granules of cytolytic T-lymphocytes and natural killer cells.
- Information by UniProt
- C11 antibody
- Cathepsin G like 1 antibody
- Cathepsin G-like 1 antibody
ab53097 (1/50) staining Granzyme B in paraffin-embbeded human breast carcinoma tissue. Right-hand panel represents a negative control for which ab53097 was pre-incubated with the immunizing peptide.
All lanes : Anti-Granzyme B antibody (ab53097) at 1/300 dilution
Lane 1 : NIH/3T3 cell extract
Lane 2 : NIH/3T3 cell extract with immunizing peptide
Predicted band size: 28 kDa
Observed band size: 28 kDa
ab53097 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Sun Z et al. Norepinephrine inhibits the cytotoxicity of NK92-MI cells via the ß2-adrenoceptor/cAMP/PKA/p-CREB signaling pathway. Mol Med Rep 17:8530-8535 (2018). PubMed: 29658580
- Tahta A et al. Assessment of the MRI and Behavioral Test Results in a Focal Cerebral Ischemia-Reperfusion Model in the Rat after Separate and Combined Use of Mouse-Derived Neural Progenitor Cells, Human-Derived Neural Progenitor Cells and Atorvastatin. Turk Neurosurg 28:571-581 (2018). PubMed: 30192361
- Sun Y et al. Effect of ginseng polysaccharides on NK cell cytotoxicity in immunosuppressed mice. Exp Ther Med 12:3773-3777 (2016). PubMed: 28105109
- Mohamedali KA et al. The functionalized human serine protease granzyme B/VEGF121 targets tumor vasculature and ablates tumor growth. Mol Cancer Ther 12:2055-66 (2013). ICC/IF . PubMed: 23858102
- Chaitanya GV et al. Granzyme-b is involved in mediating post-ischemic neuronal death during focal cerebral ischemia in rat model. Neuroscience 165:1203-16 (2010). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 19895873