Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Grp75/MOT
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Grp75/MOT antibody
See all Grp75/MOT primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Grp75/MOT
SpecificityDetects endogenous levels of total Grp75 / MOT protein
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Grp75/MOT aa 630-679.
Database link: P38646
Previously labelled as Grp75.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride, PBS
Without Mg+2 and Ca+2
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesAffinity purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography using epitope specific immunogen.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab53098 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/300 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 74 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 74 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
FunctionImplicated in the control of cell proliferation and cellular aging. May also act as a chaperone.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the heat shock protein 70 family.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
- Information by UniProt
- 75 kDa glucose regulated protein antibody
- 75 kDa glucose-regulated protein antibody
- CSA antibody
All lanes : Anti-Grp75/MOT antibody (ab53098) at 1/300 dilution
Lane 1 : COS-7 (African green monkey kidney fibroblast-like cell line) cell extract
Lane 2 : COS-7 (African green monkey kidney fibroblast-like cell line) cell extract with peptide
Predicted band size: 74 kDa
Observed band size: 74 kDa
Immunohistochemical analysis of Grp75/MOT in paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma tissue, using ab53098 at 1/50 dilution, in the presence (right) or absence (left) of peptide.
Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence analysis of Grp75/MOT in COS-7 (African green monkey kidney fibroblast-like) cells, using ab53098 at 1/100 dilution, in the presence (right) or absence (left) of peptide.
ICC/IF image of ab53098 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab53098, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab53098 has been referenced in 15 publications.
- Huang MB et al. SMR peptide antagonizes mortalin promoted release of extracellular vesicles and affects mortalin protection from complement-dependent cytotoxicity in breast cancer cells and leukemia cells. Oncotarget 10:5419-5438 (2019). PubMed: 31534628
- Konovalova S et al. Redox regulation of GRPEL2 nucleotide exchange factor for mitochondrial HSP70 chaperone. Redox Biol 19:37-45 (2018). PubMed: 30098457
- Dogan SA et al. Perturbed Redox Signaling Exacerbates a Mitochondrial Myopathy. Cell Metab 28:764-775.e5 (2018). PubMed: 30122554
- Sun J et al. Mortalin overexpression predicts poor prognosis in early stage of non-small cell lung cancer. Tumour Biol 39:1010428317695918 (2017). PubMed: 28349826
- Lea RG et al. The fetal ovary exhibits temporal sensitivity to a 'real-life' mixture of environmental chemicals. Sci Rep 6:22279 (2016). IHC . PubMed: 26931299