Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to GRP78 BiP - C-terminal
- Suitable for: ICC, WB, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-GRP78 BiP antibody - C-terminal
See all GRP78 BiP primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to GRP78 BiP - C-terminal
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC, WB, IHC-Fr, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Chicken, Cow, Pig, Xenopus laevis, Orangutan
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservatives: 0.025% Thimerosal (merthiolate), 0.025% Sodium azide
Constituents: 2.5% BSA, 0.45% Sodium chloride, 0.1% Sodium phosphate
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab191023 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 1 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.1 - 0.5 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 72 kDa.|
|IHC-Fr||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 1 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 1 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionProbably plays a role in facilitating the assembly of multimeric protein complexes inside the endoplasmic reticulum. Involved in the correct folding of proteins and degradation of misfolded proteins via its interaction with DNAJC10, probably to facilitate the release of DNAJC10 from its substrate.
Involvement in diseaseAutoantigen in rheumatoid arthritis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the heat shock protein 70 family.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum lumen. Melanosome. Cytoplasm. Identified by mass spectrometry in melanosome fractions from stage I to stage IV.
- Information by UniProt
- 78 kDa glucose regulated protein antibody
- 78 kDa glucose-regulated protein antibody
- AL022860 antibody
All lanes : Anti-GRP78 BiP antibody - C-terminal (ab191023) at 0.5 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Rat testis lysate
Lane 2 : A549 lysate
Lane 3 : MCF7 lysate
Lane 4 : HeLa lysate
Predicted band size: 72 kDa
Immunocytochemical analysis of HeLa cells, staining GRP78 BiP with ab191023 at 1 µg/ml.
Immunohistochemistry of paraffin-embedded Human lung cancer tissue labelling GRP78 BiP with ab191023 at 1 µg/ml.
Immunohistochemistry of paraffin-embedded rat cerebellum tissue labelling GRP78 BiP with ab191023 at 1 µg/ml.
Immunohistochemistry of frozen rat intestine tissue labelling GRP78 BiP with ab191023 at 1 µg/ml.
Immunohistochemistry of paraffin-embedded rat intestine tissue labelling GRP78 BiP with ab191023 at 1 µg/ml.
ab191023 has been referenced in 13 publications.
- Sahebekhtiari N et al. Deficiency of the mitochondrial sulfide regulator ETHE1 disturbs cell growth, glutathione level and causes proteome alterations outside mitochondria. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Basis Dis 1865:126-135 (2019). PubMed: 30391543
- Booth L et al. NEDD4 over-expression regulates the afatinib resistant phenotype of NSCLC cells. Oncol Signal 1:19-30 (2018). PubMed: 30740589
- Booth L et al. PDE5 inhibitors enhance the lethality of pemetrexed through inhibition of multiple chaperone proteins and via the actions of cyclic GMP and nitric oxide. Oncotarget 8:1449-1468 (2017). ICC/IF . PubMed: 27903966
- Booth L et al. The HDAC inhibitor AR42 interacts with pazopanib to kill trametinib/dabrafenib-resistant melanoma cells in vitro and in vivo. Oncotarget 8:16367-16386 (2017). PubMed: 28146421
- Booth L et al. PDE5 inhibitors enhance the lethality of [pemetrexed + sorafenib]. Oncotarget 8:13464-13475 (2017). PubMed: 28088782