Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to GRP94
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Dog, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 49% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab13509 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Predicted molecular weight: 94 kDa. 2µg/mL of ab13509 detects of Grp94 in 20µg of Rat Brain Tissue Extract using colorimetric analysis. 1/2000 for ECL detection.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
FunctionMolecular chaperone that functions in the processing and transport of secreted proteins. Functions in endoplasmic reticulum associated degradation (ERAD). Has ATPase activity.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the heat shock protein 90 family.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum lumen. Melanosome. Identified by mass spectrometry in melanosome fractions from stage I to stage IV.
- Information by UniProt
- 94 kDa glucose regulated protein antibody
- 94 kDa glucose-regulated protein antibody
- ECGP antibody
All lanes : Anti-GRP94 antibody (ab13509) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Molecular weight ladder
Lane 2 : Lysates prepared from rat brain
Lane 3 : Lysates prepared from mouse brain
Lane 4 : Lysates prepared from rat liver microsomes
Lane 5 : Lysates prepared from mouse liver microsomes
Lane 6 : Lysates prepared from human liver microsomes
Predicted band size: 94 kDa
ICC/IF image of ab13509 stained rat PC12 cells. The cells were 4% PFA and 100% methanol fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1% BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab13509, 1 µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue).
ab13509 has been referenced in 12 publications.
- Chen X et al. Exosome-mediated transfer of miR-93-5p from cancer-associated fibroblasts confer radioresistance in colorectal cancer cells by downregulating FOXA1 and upregulating TGFB3. J Exp Clin Cancer Res 39:65 (2020). PubMed: 32293494
- Andreani V et al. Cochaperone Mzb1 is a key effector of Blimp1 in plasma cell differentiation and ß1-integrin function. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 115:E9630-E9639 (2018). PubMed: 30257949
- Rosenbaum M et al. MZB1 is a GRP94 cochaperone that enables proper immunoglobulin heavy chain biosynthesis upon ER stress. Genes Dev 28:1165-78 (2014). IP ; Mouse . PubMed: 24888588
- Lupachyk S et al. Endoplasmic reticulum stress plays a key role in the pathogenesis of diabetic peripheral neuropathy. Diabetes 62:944-52 (2013). WB ; Mouse, Rat . PubMed: 23364451
- Patel PD et al. Paralog-selective Hsp90 inhibitors define tumor-specific regulation of HER2. Nat Chem Biol 9:677-84 (2013). PubMed: 23995768