Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to GRP94
- Suitable for: ICC, WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-GRP94 antibody
See all GRP94 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to GRP94
SpecificityAt a very high concentration (<1/100), this antibody may recognise PDI and calreticulin. We recommend using this antibody at a relatively high dilution.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC, WB, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Whole protein from dog pancreas.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab3674 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2000 - 1/5000. Detects a band of approximately 94 kDa. Can be used at dilutions up to 1/30,000.|
|IHC-P||1/1000. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Used at a concentration of 1/100 for 30 min on human renal carcinoma cell (see Abreview).|
FunctionMolecular chaperone that functions in the processing and transport of secreted proteins. Functions in endoplasmic reticulum associated degradation (ERAD). Has ATPase activity.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the heat shock protein 90 family.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum lumen. Melanosome. Identified by mass spectrometry in melanosome fractions from stage I to stage IV.
- Information by UniProt
- 94 kDa glucose regulated protein antibody
- 94 kDa glucose-regulated protein antibody
- ECGP antibody
Immunostaining of mouse embryonic fibroblasts with ab3674. (See Nakamura et al. 2001).
Anti-GRP94 antibody (ab3674) at 1/2000 dilution + Cell lysates prepared from mouse fibroblasts
Western blot of mouse fibroblasts using ab3764 at 1/2000.
ab3674 at a 1/100 dilution staining human renal cell carcinoma cells by ICC/IF. The cells were permeabilized with 0.2% triton X100 and then blocked with 1%BSA, 4% goat serum prior to incubation with the primary 1antibody for 30 min at 37 °C. Bound antibody was detected using an Alexa fluor ® 488 Goat anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L).
Ab3674 (1/1000) staining GPR94 in human stomach using an automated system (DAKO Autostainer Plus). Using this protocol there is strong cytoplasmic staining of peptic and parietal cells of the gastric gland.
Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3 in 1 AR buffer EDTA pH 9.0 in a DAKO PT link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 mins. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 min and detected with Dako envision flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with Diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that, for manual staining, optimization of primary antibody concentration and incubation time is recommended. Signal amplification may be required.
All lanes : Anti-GRP94 antibody (ab3674) at 1/2000 dilution
Lane 1 : Whole cell lysate prepared from murine 3T3 cells
Lane 2 : Whole cell lysate prepared from murine 3T3 cells, treated with 2.5 ug/ml Tunicamycin 10 hours
Lysates/proteins at 50 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG at 1/2000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Observed band size: 94 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 30 seconds
ab3674 has been referenced in 17 publications.
- Jiang L et al. Inhibition of microRNA-103 attenuates inflammation and endoplasmic reticulum stress in atherosclerosis through disrupting the PTEN-mediated MAPK signaling. J Cell Physiol 235:380-393 (2020). PubMed: 31232476
- Wolf-Dennen K et al. Exosomal communication by metastatic osteosarcoma cells modulates alveolar macrophages to an M2 tumor-promoting phenotype and inhibits tumoricidal functions. Oncoimmunology 9:1747677 (2020). PubMed: 32313728
- Zeng Y et al. Anti-angiogenesis triggers exosomes release from endothelial cells to promote tumor vasculogenesis. J Extracell Vesicles 8:1629865 (2019). PubMed: 31258881
- Chen L et al. Upregulation of miR-489-3p and miR-630 inhibits oxaliplatin uptake in renal cell carcinoma by targeting OCT2. Acta Pharm Sin B 9:1008-1020 (2019). PubMed: 31649850
- Wei Q et al. Low-concentration HCP1 inhibits apoptosis in vascular endothelial cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 511:92-98 (2019). PubMed: 30770100