Product nameAnti-GRPR antibody
See all GRPR primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to GRPR
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Chicken
- Recombinant Human GRPR protein (ab114381) can be used as a positive control in WB. This antibody gave a positive signal in the following lysates: Human brain membrane lysate MDA MB 361 (human breast adenocarcinoma) whole cell lysate Caco2 (Human colonic carcinoma) whole cell lysate
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab39883 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 53 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 43 kDa).|
FunctionReceptor for gastrin releasing peptide (GRP). This receptor mediates its action by association with G proteins that activate a phosphatidylinositol-calcium second messenger system.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in pancreas. Also expressed in stomach, adrenal cortex and brain.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 1 family.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- BB2 antibody
- Bombesin BB2 receptor antibody
- bombesin receptor 2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-GRPR antibody (ab39883) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Brain (Human) Membrane Lysate
Lane 2 : MDA MB 361 (Human breast adenocarcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 :
Caco 2 whole cell lysate (ab3950)
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : IRDye 680 Conjugated Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) at 1/10000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 43 kDa
Observed band size: 53 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
This protein is known to be glycosylated which could explain the difference between the predicted molecular weight of 43kDa according to Swiss Prot and the observed molecular weight of 53kDa.
ab39883 staining human pancreas tissue sections by IHC-P. Sections were formaldehyde fixed and subjected to heat mediated antigen retreival in citrate buffer (pH 6) prior to blocking in sequential (prediluted) peroxidase and protein block for 45 minutes at 20°C. The primary antibody was diluted 1/100 and incubated with the sample for 45 minutes at 20°C. A HRP conjugated goat anti-rabbit antibody was used as the secondary.
This product has been referenced in:
- Pu F et al. GRPR-targeted Protein Contrast Agents for Molecular Imaging of Receptor Expression in Cancers by MRI. Sci Rep 5:16214 (2015). Read more (PubMed: 26577829) »
- Pereira PJ et al. GRPR/PI3K?: Partners in Central Transmission of Itch. J Neurosci 35:16272-81 (2015). Read more (PubMed: 26658875) »