Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to GRPR
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab39883 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 53 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 43 kDa).|
FunctionReceptor for gastrin releasing peptide (GRP). This receptor mediates its action by association with G proteins that activate a phosphatidylinositol-calcium second messenger system.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in pancreas. Also expressed in stomach, adrenal cortex and brain.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 1 family.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- BB2 antibody
- Bombesin BB2 receptor antibody
- bombesin receptor 2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-GRPR antibody (ab39883) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Brain (Human) Membrane Lysate
Lane 2 : MDA MB 361 (Human breast adenocarcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 :
Caco 2 whole cell lysate (ab3950)
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : IRDye 680 Conjugated Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) at 1/10000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 43 kDa
Observed band size: 53 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
This protein is known to be glycosylated which could explain the difference between the predicted molecular weight of 43kDa according to Swiss Prot and the observed molecular weight of 53kDa.
ab39883 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Acton D et al. Spinal Neuropeptide Y1 Receptor-Expressing Neurons Form an Essential Excitatory Pathway for Mechanical Itch. Cell Rep 28:625-639.e6 (2019). PubMed: 31315043
- Pu F et al. GRPR-targeted Protein Contrast Agents for Molecular Imaging of Receptor Expression in Cancers by MRI. Sci Rep 5:16214 (2015). PubMed: 26577829
- Pereira PJ et al. GRPR/PI3K?: Partners in Central Transmission of Itch. J Neurosci 35:16272-81 (2015). PubMed: 26658875
- Santos J et al. Uncovering potential downstream targets of oncogenic GRPR overexpression in prostate carcinomas harboring ETS rearrangements. Oncoscience 2:497-507 (2015). WB . PubMed: 26097883
- Tattersall M et al. Expression of gastrin-releasing peptide is increased by prolonged stretch of human myometrium, and antagonists of its receptor inhibit contractility. J Physiol 590:2081-93 (2012). WB ; Human . PubMed: 22411014