Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to GSK3 alpha (phospho S21)
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-GSK3 alpha (phospho S21) antibody
See all GSK3 alpha primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to GSK3 alpha (phospho S21)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Rat
The antiserum was produced against synthesized phosphopeptide derived from human GSK3a around the phosphorylation site of Serine 21.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab28808 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 50 kDa.|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionImplicated in the hormonal control of several regulatory proteins including glycogen synthase, MYB and the transcription factor JUN.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CMGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. GSK-3 subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- Information by UniProt
- DKFZp686D0638 antibody
- Glycogen synthase kinase 3 alpha antibody
- Glycogen synthase kinase-3 alpha antibody
All lanes : Anti-GSK3 alpha (phospho S21) antibody (ab28808) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Extracts from ovary cancer
Lane 2 : Extracts from ovary cancer
cells. with synthesised non phosphopeptide at 1 µg/ml
Lane 3 : Extracts from ovary cancer
cells. with synthesised phosphopeptide at 1 µg/ml
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 50 kDa
Observed band size: 50 kDa
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin embedded breast carcinoma, using primary CDK2 (Phospho-Thr160) ab28808 at 1:100 dilution and Alkaline Phosphatase AffiniPure Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) secondary antibody. Left: Untreated; Right: Treated with synthesized phosphopeptide.
ICC/IF image of ab28808 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab28808, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab28808 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Zhang Y et al. Integrated High Throughput Analysis Identifies GSK3 as a Crucial Determinant of p53-Mediated Apoptosis in Lung Cancer Cells. Cell Physiol Biochem 42:1177-1191 (2017). PubMed: 28662516
- Qian CJ et al. Notch4 inhibition reduces migration and invasion and enhances sensitivity to docetaxel by inhibiting Akt/fascin in pancreatic cancer cells. Oncol Lett 12:3499-3505 (2016). WB ; Human . PubMed: 27900027
- Borghgraef P et al. Increasing brain protein O-GlcNAc-ylation mitigates breathing defects and mortality of Tau.P301L mice. PLoS One 8:e84442 (2013). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 24376810
- Yamaguchi N et al. Dysfunctional ryanodine receptor and cardiac hypertrophy: role of signaling molecules. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 300:H2187-95 (2011). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 21421818
- Kapfhamer D et al. Protein Phosphatase 2a and glycogen synthase kinase 3 signaling modulate prepulse inhibition of the acoustic startle response by altering cortical M-Type potassium channel activity. J Neurosci 30:8830-40 (2010). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 20592205