Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [3D10] to GSK3 beta
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, Flow Cyt, WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Monkey
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameAnti-GSK3 beta antibody [3D10]
See all GSK3 beta primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [3D10] to GSK3 beta
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, Flow Cyt, WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Monkey
Purified recombinant C-terminal fragment of Human GSK3 beta expressed in E. coli.
- WB: A549, K562, PC-12, NIH/3T3, and HEK293 cell lysates IHC-P: Lung cancer and breast cancer tissues ICC/IF: NIH/3T3 and U251 cells
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20ºC.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notesPurified from tissue culture supernatant.
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Integration of energy
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab93926 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||1/200 - 1/1000.|
|Flow Cyt||Use 0.5µg for 106 cells.
ab170191 - Mouse monoclonal IgG2a, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|WB||1/500 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 47 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/4000 - 1/10000.|
FunctionParticipates in the Wnt signaling pathway. Implicated in the hormonal control of several regulatory proteins including glycogen synthase, MYB and the transcription factor JUN. Phosphorylates JUN at sites proximal to its DNA-binding domain, thereby reducing its affinity for DNA. Phosphorylates MUC1 in breast cancer cells, and decreases the interaction of MUC1 with CTNNB1/beta-catenin. Phosphorylates CTNNB1/beta-catenin. Phosphorylates SNAI1. Plays an important role in ERBB2-dependent stabilization of microtubules at the cell cortex. Prevents the phosphorylation of APC and CLASP2, allowing its association with the cell membrane. In turn, membrane-bound APC allows the localization of MACF1 to the cell membrane, which is required for microtubule capture and stabilization. Phosphorylates MACF1 and this phosphorylation inhibits the binding of MACF1 to microtubules which is critical for its role in bulge stem cell migration and skin wound repair.
Tissue specificityExpressed in testis, thymus, prostate and ovary and weakly expressed in lung, brain and kidney.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CMGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. GSK-3 subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated by AKT1 and ILK1. Activated by phosphorylation at Tyr-216.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Cell membrane. The phosphorylated form shows localization to cytoplasm and cell membrane. The MEMO1-RHOA-DIAPH1 signaling pathway controls localization of the phosophorylated form to the cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Glycogen Synthase Kinase 3 Beta antibody
- Glycogen synthase kinase-3 beta antibody
- GSK 3 beta antibody
All lanes : Anti-GSK3 beta antibody [3D10] (ab93926) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : A549 cell lysate
Lane 2 : K562 cell lysate
Lane 3 : PC-12 cell lysate
Lane 4 : NIH/3T3 cell lysate
Lane 5 : HEK293 cell lysate
Predicted band size: 47 kDa
ab93926, at a 1/4000 dilution, staining GSK3 beta in NIH/3T3 cells (left) and U251 cells (right) by Immunofluorescence (green). DRAQ5 fluorescent DNA dye is blue and Actin filaments have been labeled with Alexa Fluor-555 phalloidin (red).
ab93926, at a 1/4000 dilution, staining GSK3 beta in paraffin embedded Human lung cancer (left) and breast cancer (right) tissues by Immunohistochemistry. Detection: DAB staining.
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab93926 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab93926, 0.5µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG2a [ICIGG2A] (ab91361, 1µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
ab93926 has been referenced in 68 publications.
- Lv J et al. Zoledronic acid inhibits thyroid cancer stemness and metastasis by repressing M2-like tumor-associated macrophages induced Wnt/ß-catenin pathway. Life Sci 256:117925 (2020). PubMed: 32522570
- Huo LW et al. circKIF4A promotes tumorogenesis of glioma by targeting miR-139-3p to activate Wnt5a signaling. Mol Med 26:29 (2020). PubMed: 32268875
- Wang J et al. Suberoylanilide hydroxamic acid alleviates orthotopic liver transplantation-induced hepatic ischemia-reperfusion injury by regulating the AKT/GSK3ß/NF-?B and AKT/mTOR pathways in rat Kupffer cells. Int J Mol Med 45:1875-1887 (2020). PubMed: 32236599
- Yao G et al. NO up-regulates migraine-related CGRP via activation of an Akt/GSK-3ß/NF-?B signaling cascade in trigeminal ganglion neurons. Aging (Albany NY) 12:6370-6384 (2020). PubMed: 32276265
- Yu CC et al. Preventive Electroacupuncture Ameliorates D-Galactose-Induced Alzheimer's Disease-Like Pathology and Memory Deficits Probably via Inhibition of GSK3ß/mTOR Signaling Pathway. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2020:1428752 (2020). PubMed: 32382276