Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to GSK3 beta (phospho S9)
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-GSK3 beta (phospho S9) antibody
See all GSK3 beta primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to GSK3 beta (phospho S9)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- 293 cell extract treated with serum; HeLa cells; Human breast carcinoma and lung carcinoma tissues.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 49% PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.88% Sodium chloride
PBS is without Mg2+ and Ca2+
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab131097 was purified by affinity chromatography using epitope specific phosphopetide. Non phospho specific antibodies were removed by chromatography using non phosphopetide.
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Integration of energy
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab131097 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 46 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100.|
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/200.|
FunctionParticipates in the Wnt signaling pathway. Implicated in the hormonal control of several regulatory proteins including glycogen synthase, MYB and the transcription factor JUN. Phosphorylates JUN at sites proximal to its DNA-binding domain, thereby reducing its affinity for DNA. Phosphorylates MUC1 in breast cancer cells, and decreases the interaction of MUC1 with CTNNB1/beta-catenin. Phosphorylates CTNNB1/beta-catenin. Phosphorylates SNAI1. Plays an important role in ERBB2-dependent stabilization of microtubules at the cell cortex. Prevents the phosphorylation of APC and CLASP2, allowing its association with the cell membrane. In turn, membrane-bound APC allows the localization of MACF1 to the cell membrane, which is required for microtubule capture and stabilization. Phosphorylates MACF1 and this phosphorylation inhibits the binding of MACF1 to microtubules which is critical for its role in bulge stem cell migration and skin wound repair.
Tissue specificityExpressed in testis, thymus, prostate and ovary and weakly expressed in lung, brain and kidney.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CMGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. GSK-3 subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated by AKT1 and ILK1. Activated by phosphorylation at Tyr-216.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Cell membrane. The phosphorylated form shows localization to cytoplasm and cell membrane. The MEMO1-RHOA-DIAPH1 signaling pathway controls localization of the phosophorylated form to the cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Glycogen Synthase Kinase 3 Beta antibody
- Glycogen synthase kinase-3 beta antibody
- GSK 3 beta antibody
All lanes : Anti-GSK3 beta (phospho S9) antibody (ab131097) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : 293 cell extract, untreated
Lane 2 : 293 cell extract treated with serum
Predicted band size: 46 kDa
Immunohistochemical staining of GSK3 beta (phospho S9) in paraffin embedded Human breast carcinoma tissue, using ab131097 at a 1/50 dilution.
Immunofluorescence analysis of methanol fixed HeLa cells staining GSK3 beta (phospho S9) with ab131097 at a dilution of 1/100.
Methanol-fixed HeLa (human epithelial cell line from cervix adenocarcinoma) cells stained for GSK3 beta (phospho S9) (red) using ab131097 at 1/100 dilution in ICC/IF.
Paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma tissue stained for GSK3 beta (phospho S9) using ab131097 at 1/50 dilution in immunohistochemical analysis.
ab131097 has been referenced in 37 publications.
- Li L et al. Gilteritinib induces PUMA-dependent apoptotic cell death via AKT/GSK-3ß/NF-?B pathway in colorectal cancer cells. J Cell Mol Med 24:2308-2318 (2020). PubMed: 31881122
- Huang H et al. The MicroRNA MiR-29c Alleviates Renal Fibrosis via TPM1-Mediated Suppression of the Wnt/ß-Catenin Pathway. Front Physiol 11:331 (2020). PubMed: 32346368
- Lv J et al. Zoledronic acid inhibits thyroid cancer stemness and metastasis by repressing M2-like tumor-associated macrophages induced Wnt/ß-catenin pathway. Life Sci 256:117925 (2020). PubMed: 32522570
- Song R et al. Insulinoma-associated protein 1 controls nasopharyngeal carcinoma to radiotherapy by modulating cyclin D1-dependent DNA repair machinery. Carcinogenesis 41:326-333 (2020). PubMed: 31155641
- Bian Y & Xiang J Salvianolic acid B promotes the osteogenic differentiation of human periodontal ligament cells through Wnt/ß-catenin signaling pathway. Arch Oral Biol 113:104693 (2020). PubMed: 32179247