Key features and details
- Mechanosensitive and stretch-activated ion channel inhibitor
- CAS Number: 1209500-46-8
Soluble in water to 1mg/ml
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Grammostola rosea
Product nameGsMTx-4, mechanosensitive and stretch-activated ion channel inhibitor
DescriptionMechanosensitive and stretch-activated ion channel inhibitor
GCLEFWWKCNPNDDKCCRPKLKCSKLFKLCNFSF (Modifications: Phe-34 = C-terminal amide, Disulfide bridges: 2-17, 9-23 and 16-30)
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Soluble in water to 1mg/ml
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
2D chemical structure image of ab141871, GsMTx-4, mechanosensitive and stretch-activated ion channel inhibitor
GsMTx-4 (ab141870) inhibits NaV1.7 channel currents expressed in Xenopus oocytes. NaV1.7 currents were elicited by 100 ms voltage ramp from a holding potential of -100 mV to +30 mV, applied every 10 seconds using whole-cell voltage clamp technique. Left: Superimposed traces of NaV1.7 currents before (black) and during (green) application of 500 nM GsMTx-4 (ab141870). Right: GsMTx-4 dose response inhibition of NaV1.7 currents.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab141871 has been referenced in 13 publications.
- Zhu B et al. Piezo 1 activation facilitates cholangiocarcinoma metastasis via Hippo/YAP signaling axis. Mol Ther Nucleic Acids 24:241-252 (2021). PubMed: 33767919
- Hendrickx G et al. Piezo1 Inactivation in Chondrocytes Impairs Trabecular Bone Formation. J Bone Miner Res 36:369-384 (2021). PubMed: 33180356
- Kulkarni S et al. Mechanical stretch scales centriole number to apical area via Piezo1 in multiciliated cells. Elife 10:N/A (2021). PubMed: 34184636
- Andolfo I et al. Gain-of-function mutations in PIEZO1 directly impair hepatic iron metabolism via the inhibition of the BMP/SMADs pathway. Am J Hematol 95:188-197 (2020). PubMed: 31737919
- Shen Y et al. The roles of mechanosensitive ion channels and associated downstream MAPK signaling pathways in PDLC mechanotransduction. Mol Med Rep 21:2113-2122 (2020). PubMed: 32323761