Product nameGuanabenz acetate, alpha 2 adrenoceptor agonist
DescriptionCentrally acting, selective alpha 2 adrenoceptor agonist
- [(2,6-Dichlorobenzylidene)amino]guanidine acetate
- 1-(2,6-Dichlorobenzylideneamino)guanidine acetate salt
- Acetate, Guanabenz
Centrally acting, selective alpha 2 adrenoceptor agonist. I2 imidazoline binding site selective ligand. Antihypertensive.
Chemical name2-[(2,6-Dichlorophenyl)methylene]hydrazinecarboximidamide acetate
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 100 mM and in ethanol to 10 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
This product has been referenced in:
- Tribouillard-Tanvier D et al. Antihypertensive drug guanabenz is active in vivo against both yeast and mammalian prions. PLoS One 3:e1981 (2008). Read more (PubMed: 18431471) »
- Jasper JR et al. Ligand efficacy and potency at recombinant alpha2 adrenergic receptors: agonist-mediated [35S]GTPgammaS binding. Biochem Pharmacol 55:1035-43 (1998). Read more (PubMed: 9605427) »
- Holmes B et al. Guanabenz. A review of its pharmacodynamic properties and therapeutic efficacy in hypertension. Drugs 26:212-29 (1983). Read more (PubMed: 6352237) »
- Baum T et al. General pharmacologic actions of the antihypertensive agent 2,6-dichlorobenzylidene aminoguanidine acetate (WY-8678). J Pharmacol Exp Ther 171:276-87 (1970). Read more (PubMed: 5466490) »