Key features and details
- Cyclic nucleotide second messenger
- CAS Number: 40732-48-7
- Purity: > 99%
- Soluble in water to 100 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameGuanosine 3',5'-cyclic monophosphate sodium salt (cGMP), cyclic nucleotide second messenger
DescriptionCyclic nucleotide second messenger
- Cyclic GMP
- Guanosine 3',5'-cyclic monophosphate
Cyclic nucleotide second messenger derived from guanosine triphosphate. Generated by guanylate cyclases. Involved in a number of cellular processes; downstream targets include cyclic nucleotide gated channels, cGMP-regulated phosphodiesterases and cGMP-dependent kinases.
Chemical nameGuanosine 3',5'-cyclophosphate sodium salt
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 100 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120805 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Davies SA Signalling via cGMP: lessons from Drosophila. Cell Signal 18:409-21 (2006). PubMed: 16260119
- Krumenacker JS & Murad F NO-cGMP signaling in development and stem cells. Mol Genet Metab 87:311-4 (2006). PubMed: 16356747
- Feil R et al. Function of cGMP-dependent protein kinases in the nervous system. Rev Neurosci 16:23-41 (2005). PubMed: 15810652