Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [67D3] to H-FABP
- Suitable for: IHC-P, IHC-Fr
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-H-FABP antibody [67D3]
See all H-FABP primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [67D3] to H-FABP
Ab16916 binds to human H-FABP. It shows no binding to human intestinal or liver FABP and slightly cross reacts with B-FABP.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, IHC-Frmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Full length native protein (purified) corresponding to Human H-FABP.
- Heart cells, recombinant human H-FABP This antibody gave a positive result in IHC in the following FFPE tissue: Human normal heart muscle.
This antibody can be used to detect ischemia areas of human heart. It is also useful as marker for brain damage.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 0.1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notesProvided as a 0.2µm filtered antibody solution.
Primary antibody notesThis antibody can be used to detect ischemia areas of human heart. It is also useful as marker for brain damage.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab16916 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionFABP are thought to play a role in the intracellular transport of long-chain fatty acids and their acyl-CoA esters.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the calycin superfamily. Fatty-acid binding protein (FABP) family.
DomainForms a beta-barrel structure that accommodates the hydrophobic ligand in its interior.
- Information by UniProt
- 422 protein antibody
- Cardiac FABP antibody
- Cardiac Fatty Acid Binding Protein antibody
Immunohistochemical staining of H-FABP in human skeletal muscle tissue.
IHC image of H-FABP staining in Human normal heart muscle formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab16916, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ab16916 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Jones HB et al. Myocardial Steatosis and Necrosis in Atria and Ventricles of Rats Given Pyruvate Dehydrogenase Kinase Inhibitors. Toxicol Pathol N/A:N/A (2014). PubMed: 24742628
- Chen HM et al. Heart-type Fatty Acid binding protein is associated with proteinuria in obesity. PLoS One 7:e45691 (2012). IHC-P, IHC-Fr ; Mouse . PubMed: 23029183
- Heather LC et al. Adenosine monophosphate-activated protein kinase activation, substrate transporter translocation, and metabolism in the contracting hyperthyroid rat heart. Endocrinology 151:422-31 (2010). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 19940039
- Nevo J et al. Mammary-derived growth inhibitor alters traffic of EGFR and induces a novel form of cetuximab resistance. Clin Cancer Res 15:6570-81 (2009). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 19825952