Key features and details
- Sheep polyclonal to Haptoglobin
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Goat, Horse, Cat, Dog, Human, Pig
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Haptoglobin antibody
See all Haptoglobin primary antibodies
DescriptionSheep polyclonal to Haptoglobin
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Goat, Horse, Cat, Dog, Human, Pig
Does not react with: Chicken, Guinea pig, Cow
Human haptoglobin purified from serum. All Hp types (Hp1-1, Hp1-2 and Hp2-2) are present in the immunogen.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% EACA, 0.01% Benzamidine, 0.0292% EDTA
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesAntiserum is prepared by immunisation of sheep with Human Haptoglobin and, if necessary, adsorbed to monospecificity by use of solid-phase adsorbents. An immunoglobulin fraction is then produced. The titre is adjusted so that inter-batch variation is within10%. The product is 0.2µm filtered.
Light chain typeunknown
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab8968 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Rocket Immunoelectrophoresis||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionAs a result of hemolysis, hemoglobin is found to accumulate in the kidney and is secreted in the urine. Haptoglobin captures, and combines with free plasma hemoglobin to allow hepatic recycling of heme iron and to prevent kidney damage. Haptoglobin also acts as an Antimicrobial; Antioxidant, has antibacterial activity and plays a role in modulating many aspects of the acute phase response. Hemoglobin/haptoglobin complexes are rapidely cleared by the macrophage CD163 scavenger receptor expressed on the surface of liver Kupfer cells through an endocytic lysosomal degradation pathway.
Uncleaved haptoglogin, also known as zonulin, plays a role in intestinal permeability, allowing intercellular tight junction disassembly, and controlling the equilibrium between tolerance and immunity to non-self antigens.
Tissue specificityExpressed by the liver and secreted in plasma.
Involvement in diseaseAnhaptoglobinemia
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase S1 family.
Contains 1 peptidase S1 domain.
Contains 2 Sushi (CCP/SCR) domains.
- Information by UniProt
- Binding peptide antibody
- BP antibody
- Haptoglobin alpha chain antibody
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab8968 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Williams LM et al. The development of diet-induced obesity and glucose intolerance in C57BL/6 mice on a high-fat diet consists of distinct phases. PLoS One 9:e106159 (2014). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 25170916
- Caperna TJ et al. Identification and characterization of a nuclear factor-? B-p65 proteolytic fragment in nuclei of porcine hepatocytes in monolayer culture. Domest Anim Endocrinol 45:154-62 (2013). WB ; Pig . PubMed: 24011531
- Kim S et al. Neurotoxicity of microglial cathepsin D revealed by secretome analysis. J Neurochem : (2007). PubMed: 17953665