Product nameAnti-Haptoglobin antibody [EPSISR7]
See all Haptoglobin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPSISR7] to Haptoglobin
Specificityab131236 may also recognize Haptoglobin or Haptoglobin-related protein based on the immunogen sequences.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Unsuitable for: IHC-P or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide (the amino acid sequence is considered to be commercially sensitive) (C terminal)
- Human plasma and fetal liver lysates
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab131236 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/10000 - 1/50000. Predicted molecular weight: 45 kDa.|
FunctionAs a result of hemolysis, hemoglobin is found to accumulate in the kidney and is secreted in the urine. Haptoglobin captures, and combines with free plasma hemoglobin to allow hepatic recycling of heme iron and to prevent kidney damage. Haptoglobin also acts as an Antimicrobial; Antioxidant, has antibacterial activity and plays a role in modulating many aspects of the acute phase response. Hemoglobin/haptoglobin complexes are rapidely cleared by the macrophage CD163 scavenger receptor expressed on the surface of liver Kupfer cells through an endocytic lysosomal degradation pathway.
Uncleaved haptoglogin, also known as zonulin, plays a role in intestinal permeability, allowing intercellular tight junction disassembly, and controlling the equilibrium between tolerance and immunity to non-self antigens.
Tissue specificityExpressed by the liver and secreted in plasma.
Involvement in diseaseAnhaptoglobinemia
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase S1 family.
Contains 1 peptidase S1 domain.
Contains 2 Sushi (CCP/SCR) domains.
- Information by UniProt
- Binding peptide antibody
- BP antibody
- Haptoglobin alpha chain antibody
This product has been referenced in:
- Kittivorapart J et al. Quantitative proteomics of plasma vesicles identify novel biomarkers for hemoglobin E/ß-thalassemic patients. Blood Adv 2:95-104 (2018). Read more (PubMed: 29365317) »
- Fader KA et al. Convergence of hepcidin deficiency, systemic iron overloading, heme accumulation, and REV-ERBa/ß activation in aryl hydrocarbon receptor-elicited hepatotoxicity. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 321:1-17 (2017). Read more (PubMed: 28213091) »