Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [HG-36] to Haptoglobin
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-Haptoglobin antibody [HG-36]
See all Haptoglobin primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [HG-36] to Haptoglobin
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Full length native protein (Purified haptoglobin types 1-1, 2-1, and 2-2 from pooled human plasma).
This product was changed from ascites to tissue culture supernatant on 17 May 2019. Please note that the dilutions may need to be adjusted accordingly. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our scientific support team.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
FunctionAs a result of hemolysis, hemoglobin is found to accumulate in the kidney and is secreted in the urine. Haptoglobin captures, and combines with free plasma hemoglobin to allow hepatic recycling of heme iron and to prevent kidney damage. Haptoglobin also acts as an Antimicrobial; Antioxidant, has antibacterial activity and plays a role in modulating many aspects of the acute phase response. Hemoglobin/haptoglobin complexes are rapidely cleared by the macrophage CD163 scavenger receptor expressed on the surface of liver Kupfer cells through an endocytic lysosomal degradation pathway.
Uncleaved haptoglogin, also known as zonulin, plays a role in intestinal permeability, allowing intercellular tight junction disassembly, and controlling the equilibrium between tolerance and immunity to non-self antigens.
Tissue specificityExpressed by the liver and secreted in plasma.
Involvement in diseaseAnhaptoglobinemia
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase S1 family.
Contains 1 peptidase S1 domain.
Contains 2 Sushi (CCP/SCR) domains.
- Information by UniProt
- Binding peptide antibody
- BP antibody
- Haptoglobin alpha chain antibody
ab13429 has been referenced in 16 publications.
- Cao J et al. Identification of an activation-related protein in B cells in the ABO incompatible condition. Exp Ther Med 19:741-747 (2020). PubMed: 31897108
- Arya R et al. Serum Small Extracellular Vesicles Proteome of Tuberculosis Patients Demonstrated Deregulated Immune Response. Proteomics Clin Appl 14:e1900062 (2020). PubMed: 31532894
- Gallo JRB et al. Skin Protein Profile after Major Weight Loss and Its Role in Body Contouring Surgery. Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open 7:e2339 (2019). PubMed: 31592376
- Zhu J et al. Differential Quantitative Determination of Site-Specific Intact N-Glycopeptides in Serum Haptoglobin between Hepatocellular Carcinoma and Cirrhosis Using LC-EThcD-MS/MS. J Proteome Res 18:359-371 (2019). PubMed: 30370771
- Yan B et al. iTRAQ-based Comparative Serum Proteomic Analysis of Prostate Cancer Patients with or without Bone Metastasis. J Cancer 10:4165-4177 (2019). PubMed: 31413735
Customer reviews and Q&As
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES"
For licensing inquiries, please contact email@example.com