Product nameAnti-Haspin antibody
See all Haspin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Haspin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Predicted to work with: Human
- This antibody gave a positive signal in the following whole cell lysates: HeLa Expressing myc-Haspin (interphase); HeLa Expressing myc-Haspin (mitosis) Whole Cell Lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab21686 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 90 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 88 kDa).|
FunctionRequired for normal alignment of chromosomes at metaphase. Phosphorylates histone H3 'Thr-3' during mitosis.
Tissue specificityStrongly expressed in testis. Also present in thymus and bone marrow and low levels observed in prostate, intestine, lung, spleen and lymph node. Expressed in fetal skin, liver, kidney and small intestine and also in proliferating but not non-proliferating cell lines.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Ser/Thr protein kinase family. Haspin subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsAutophosphorylated on both serine and threonine residues (By similarity). Phosphorylated during mitosis. Phosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
- Information by UniProt
- germ cell associated 2 antibody
- Germ cell-specific gene 2 protein antibody
- GSG2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Haspin antibody (ab21686) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate at 10 µg
Lane 2 : HeLa Expressing myc-Haspin (interphase) Whole Cell Lysate - Positive Control at 5 µl
Lane 3 : HeLa Interphase Whole Cell Lysate - Negative Control at 10 µg
Lane 4 : HeLa Expressing myc-Haspin (mitosis) Whole Cell Lysate - Positive Control at 5 µl
Lane 5 : HeLa Mitosis Whole Cell Lysate - Negative Control at 10 µg
All lanes : Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed at 1/5000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 88 kDa
Observed band size: 90 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 23 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 4 minutes
This product has been referenced in:
- Varier RA et al. A phospho/methyl switch at histone H3 regulates TFIID association with mitotic chromosomes. EMBO J 29:3967-78 (2010). Read more (PubMed: 20953165) »
- Markaki Y et al. Phosphorylation of histone H3 at Thr3 is part of a combinatorial pattern that marks and configures mitotic chromatin. J Cell Sci 122:2809-19 (2009). WB ; Human, Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 19622635) »