Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [4G10] to HBEGF/DTR
- Suitable for: IP, WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-HBEGF/DTR antibody [4G10]
See all HBEGF/DTR primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [4G10] to HBEGF/DTR
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IP, WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Does not react with: Mouse
Recombinant fragment corresponding to Human HBEGF/DTR.
- Vero cell extract carrrying human HBEGF/DTR expression vector.
This product was previously labelled as HB EGF
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notesProduced in serum-free medium and purified by combination of chromatography
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab66792 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
Use at 2μg/ml
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.2 - 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 20-28 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 23, 40 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 - 10 µg/ml.|
FunctionMay be involved in macrophage-mediated cellular proliferation. It is mitogenic for fibroblasts and smooth muscle but not endothelial cells. It is able to bind EGF receptors with higher affinity than EGF itself and is a far more potent mitogen for smooth muscle cells than EGF. Also acts as a diphtheria toxin receptor.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 EGF-like domain.
modificationsSeveral N-termini have been identified by direct sequencing. The forms with N-termini 63, 73 and 74 have been tested and found to be biologically active.
O-linked glycan attachment sites were determined by Edman degradation, O-glycanase digest suggests mucin-type glycosylation (done in HB-EGF purified from histiocytic lymphoma cell line U-937).
Cellular localizationCell membrane and Secreted > extracellular space. Mature HB-EGF is released into the extracellular space and probably binds to a receptor.
- Information by UniProt
- diphtheria toxin receptor (heparin-binding EGF-like growth factor) antibody
- diphtheria toxin receptor (heparin-binding epidermal growth factor-like growth factor) antibody
- Diphtheria toxin receptor antibody
All lanes : Anti-HBEGF/DTR antibody [4G10] (ab66792) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Vero cell extract
Lane 2 : Vero cell extract from cells
carrrying human HBEGF/DTR expression vector.
Lane 3 : Vero cell extract from cells carrying
mouse HBEGF/DTR expression vector
Predicted band size: 23, 40 kDa
Observed band size: 20-28 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 41 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Lane 1: Vero cell extract, 1μg
Lane 2: Vero cells carrying Human HBEGF/DTR expression vector, 1μg
Lane 3: Vero Cells carrying mouse HBEGF/DTR expression vector, 1μg
Ab66792 immunoprecipitating HBEGF/DTR in Vero Cells. For western blotting, a HRP conjugated streptavidin was used as the secondary antibody; cell surface was biotinylated.
These images show Vero cells carrying human HG-EGF expression vector (left hand image) and Vero cells carrying mouse HBEGF/DTR expression vector (right hand image). Cells treated with ab 66792, fixed with 4% PFA and reacted with Cys3 conjugated 2nd antibody.
ab66792 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Shen L et al. C-X-C motif chemokine ligand 8 promotes endothelial cell homing via the Akt-signal transducer and activator of transcription pathway to accelerate healing of ischemic and hypoxic skin ulcers. Exp Ther Med 13:3021-3031 (2017). PubMed: 28587375
- Bæk R et al. Does smoking, age or gender affect the protein phenotype of extracellular vesicles in plasma? Transfus Apher Sci 55:44-52 (2016). PubMed: 27470710
- Tang XH et al. The anti-tumor effect of cross-reacting material 197, an inhibitor of heparin-binding EGF-like growth factor, in human resistant ovarian cancer. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 422:676-80 (2012). Human . PubMed: 22609777
- Desjardins F et al. Modulation of the cochaperone AHA1 regulates heat-shock protein 90 and endothelial NO synthase activation by vascular endothelial growth factor. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 32:2484-92 (2012). PubMed: 22859491