Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [INN-hFSH-132] to hCG alpha 4
- Suitable for: IHC-P, ELISA, IP, RIA, WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-hCG alpha 4 antibody [INN-hFSH-132]
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [INN-hFSH-132] to hCG alpha 4
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, ELISA, IP, RIA, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Human Follicle Stimulating Hormone
General notesThis product should be stored undiluted. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityIon Exchange Chromatography
Purification notesPurified IgG prepared by ion exchange chromatography.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab11232 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IHC-P: Used at a dilution of 1/1500 for 2 hrs on human placenta sections (see Abreview for further details).
IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
RIA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution (see Berger et al).
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
RelevanceHuman chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) is a peptide hormone produced in pregnancy, by the developing placenta and by the fertilized egg after implantation in the uterine wall. Its primary role is in the maintenance of the corpus luteum and causes it to secrete the hormone progesterone. Progesterone enriches the uterus with a thick lining of blood vessels and capillaries so that it can sustain the growing fetus. HCG is composed of two subunits, alpha and beta. The alpha subunit of HCG, however, is identical to the alpha subunit of luteinising hormone, thyroid stimulating hormone and follicle stimulating hormone. Serum human chorionic gonadotrophin testing is accurate 48 hour post conception. Urine human chorionic gonadotrophin testing is a popular method of home pregnancy determination as human chorionic gonadotrophin can be detected in urine
- CG alpha antibody
- CGA antibody
- FSH alpha antibody
ab11232 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Adachi K et al. Role of SOX2 in maintaining pluripotency of human embryonic stem cells. Genes Cells : (2010). PubMed: 20384793
- Forbes K et al. Insulin-like growth factor I and II regulate the life cycle of trophoblast in the developing human placenta. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 294:C1313-22 (2008). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 18400990
- Jackson AM et al. The biological action of choriogonadotropin is not dependent on the complete native quaternary interactions between the subunits. Mol Endocrinol 13:2175-88 (1999). PubMed: 10598590
- Berger P et al. Variants of human chorionic gonadotropin from pregnant women and tumor patients recognized by monoclonal antibodies. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 77:347-51 (1993). PubMed: 7688376