Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to HCN1
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 0.1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesEpitope affinity purification.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab19405 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionHyperpolarization-activated ion channel exhibiting weak selectivity for potassium over sodium ions. Contributes to the native pacemaker currents in heart (If) and in neurons (Ih). Activated by cAMP, and at 10-100 times higher concentrations, also by cGMP. May mediate responses to sour stimuli.
Tissue specificityDetected in brain, in particular in amygdala and hippocampus, while expression in caudate nucleus, corpus callosum, substantia nigra, subthalamic nucleus and thalamus is very low or not detectable. Detected at very low levels in muscle and pancreas.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the potassium channel HCN family.
Contains 1 cyclic nucleotide-binding domain.
DomainThe segment S4 is probably the voltage-sensor and is characterized by a series of positively charged amino acids at every third position.
- Information by UniProt
- BCNG-1 antibody
- BCNG1 antibody
- Brain cyclic nucleotide gated channel 1 antibody
IHC image of ab19405 staining in Human hippocampus formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab19405, 1µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
ab19405 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Yang L et al. HCN channel antagonist ZD7288 ameliorates neuropathic pain and associated depression. Brain Res 1717:204-213 (2019). PubMed: 30940440
- He W et al. Expression of hyperpolarization-activated cyclic nucleotide-gated channel isoforms in a canine model of atrial fibrillation. Exp Ther Med 12:433-436 (2016). WB ; Dog . PubMed: 27347074
- Atkinson SE & Williams SR Postnatal development of dendritic synaptic integration in rat neocortical pyramidal neurons. J Neurophysiol 102:735-51 (2009). PubMed: 19458150