Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [N70/28] to HCN1
- Suitable for: IHC-P, IHC-Fr, WB, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-HCN1 antibody [N70/28]
See all HCN1 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [N70/28] to HCN1
SpecificityNo cross reactivity against HCN2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, IHC-Fr, WB, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Fusion protein corresponding to Rat HCN1 aa 778-910 (C terminal).
- Rat brain lysate
The clone number has been updated from S70-28 to N70/28, both clone numbers name the same antibody clone.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab84816 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 - 10 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 99 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 99 kDa).|
|Flow Cyt||Use 1-2µg for 106 cells.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionHyperpolarization-activated ion channel exhibiting weak selectivity for potassium over sodium ions. Contributes to the native pacemaker currents in heart (If) and in neurons (Ih). Activated by cAMP, and at 10-100 times higher concentrations, also by cGMP. May mediate responses to sour stimuli.
Tissue specificityDetected in brain, in particular in amygdala and hippocampus, while expression in caudate nucleus, corpus callosum, substantia nigra, subthalamic nucleus and thalamus is very low or not detectable. Detected at very low levels in muscle and pancreas.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the potassium channel HCN family.
Contains 1 cyclic nucleotide-binding domain.
DomainThe segment S4 is probably the voltage-sensor and is characterized by a series of positively charged amino acids at every third position.
- Information by UniProt
- BCNG-1 antibody
- BCNG1 antibody
- Brain cyclic nucleotide gated channel 1 antibody
Anti-HCN1 antibody [N70/28] (ab84816) + rat brain lysate
Predicted band size: 99 kDa
Observed band size: 99 kDa
As secondary antibody a goat anti-mouse IgG conjugated with HRP was used.
4% formalin-fixed human cerebellum tissue stained for HCN1 using ab84816 at 1/1000 dilution in immunohistochemical analysis. Counterstained with Hematoxylin. HRP/DAB detection.
10% formalin-fixed frozen section of human brain tissue stained for HCN1 using ab84816 at 1/1000 dilution in immunohistochemical analysis. Counterstained with Hematoxylin. HRP/DAB detection.
10% formalin-fixed frozen section of mouse brain tissue stained for HCN1 using ab84816 at 1/1000 dilution in immunohistochemical analysis. Counterstained with Hematoxylin. HRP/DAB detection.
Overlay histogram showing SH-SY5Y cells stained with ab84816 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab84816, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive result in SH-SY5Y cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min)/permeabilized in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min used under the same conditions.
ab84816 staining HCN1 in human hippocampal tissue by IHC-P (Bouin's fixed paraffin embedded).
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab84816 has been referenced in 13 publications.
- He F et al. The role of HCN channels in peristaltic dysfunction in human ureteral tuberculosis. Int Urol Nephrol 50:639-645 (2018). WB, ICC/IF . PubMed: 29460132
- Liu Q et al. Decreased hyperpolarization-activated cyclic nucleotide-gated channels are involved in bladder dysfunction associated with spinal cord injury. Int J Mol Med 41:2609-2618 (2018). PubMed: 29436607
- Hou L et al. Synaptic Ultrastructure Might Be Involved in HCN1-Related BDNF mRNA in Withdrawal-Anxiety After Ethanol Dependence. Front Psychiatry 9:215 (2018). PubMed: 29896126
- Ding W et al. Increased HCN Channel Activity in the Gasserian Ganglion Contributes to Trigeminal Neuropathic Pain. J Pain 19:626-634 (2018). PubMed: 29366880
- Liu Q et al. Cyclophosphamide-induced HCN1 channel upregulation in interstitial Cajal-like cells leads to bladder hyperactivity in mice. Exp Mol Med 49:e319 (2017). PubMed: 28428632