Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [N71/37] to HCN2
- Suitable for: IHC-Fr, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-HCN2 antibody [N71/37]
See all HCN2 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [N71/37] to HCN2
SpecificityDoes not cross react with HCN1.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Fr, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat
Fusion protein, corresponding to cytoplasmic C terminal amino acids 761-863 of Rat HCN2
- Rat and mouse brain lysate.
The clone number has been updated from S71-37 to N71/37, both clone numbers name the same antibody clone.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab84817 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 - 10 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 95 kDa.|
FunctionHyperpolarization-activated ion channel exhibiting weak selectivity for potassium over sodium ions. Contributes to the native pacemaker currents in heart (If) and in neurons (Ih). Produces a large instantaneous current. Activated by cAMP. Modulated by intracellular chloride ions and pH; acidic pH shifts the activation to more negative voltages.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed throughout the brain. Detected at low levels in heart.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the potassium channel HCN family.
Contains 1 cyclic nucleotide-binding domain.
DomainThe segment S4 is probably the voltage-sensor and is characterized by a series of positively charged amino acids at every third position.
- Information by UniProt
- BCNG-2 antibody
- BCNG2 antibody
- Brain cyclic nucleotide gated channel 2 antibody
Anti-HCN2 antibody [N71/37] (ab84817) at 1/1000 dilution + Rat brain membrane lysate
Predicted band size: 95 kDa
ab84817 staining HCN2 in Mouse brain tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-Fr - frozen sections).
Anti-HCN2 antibody [N71/37] (ab84817) at 1/1000 dilution + Mouse brain tissue lysate at 15 µg
Goat anti-mouse IgG, HRP at 1/4000 dilution
Predicted band size: 95 kDa
Observed band size: 95 kDa
Chemiluminescent for HRP (Moss) for 5 min in RT.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab84817 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Zhang X et al. Shank3 contributes to neuropathic pain by facilitating the SNI-dependent increase of HCN2 and the expression of PSD95. Neurosci Res N/A:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32454040
- Mader F et al. Hyperpolarization-Activated Cyclic Nucleotide-Gated Non-selective (HCN) Ion Channels Regulate Human and Murine Urinary Bladder Contractility. Front Physiol 9:753 (2018). PubMed: 29971015
- Ding W et al. Increased HCN Channel Activity in the Gasserian Ganglion Contributes to Trigeminal Neuropathic Pain. J Pain 19:626-634 (2018). PubMed: 29366880
- Guo T et al. Association between hyperpolarization-activated channel in interstitial cells of Cajal and gastrointestinal dysmotility induced by malignant ascites. Oncol Lett 13:1601-1608 (2017). IHC-Fr ; Mouse . PubMed: 28454297
- Pitcairn E et al. Coordinating heart morphogenesis: A novel role for hyperpolarization-activated cyclic nucleotide-gated (HCN) channels during cardiogenesis inXenopus laevis. Commun Integr Biol 10:e1309488 (2017). PubMed: 28702127
- Ding W et al. Inhibition of HCN channel activity in the thalamus attenuates chronic pain in rats. Neurosci Lett 631:97-103 (2016). PubMed: 27542339
- Feng QF et al. The effects of acupuncture on bladder interstitial cells of cajal excitability in rats with overactive bladder. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2013:261217 (2013). IHC . PubMed: 24194780