Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to HDAC1
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-HDAC1 antibody
See all HDAC1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to HDAC1
Specificityab53091 detects endogenous levels of total HDAC1 protein.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide derived from human HDAC1
- WB: NIH/3T3 cell extracts IHC-P: Human lung carcinoma tissue
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab53091 was affinity purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography using epitope specific immunogen.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab53091 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/300 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 60 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 55 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
FunctionResponsible for the deacetylation of lysine residues on the N-terminal part of the core histones (H2A, H2B, H3 and H4). Histone deacetylation gives a tag for epigenetic repression and plays an important role in transcriptional regulation, cell cycle progression and developmental events. Histone deacetylases act via the formation of large multiprotein complexes. Deacetylates SP proteins, SP1 and SP3, and regulates their function. Component of the BRG1-RB1-HDAC1 complex, which negatively regulates the CREST-mediated transcription in resting neurons. Upon calcium stimulation, HDAC1 is released from the complex and CREBBP is recruited, which facilitates transcriptional activation. Deacetylates TSHZ3 and regulates its transcriptional repressor activity. Deacetylates 'Lys-310' in RELA and thereby inhibits the transcriptional activity of NF-kappa-B.
Tissue specificityUbiquitous, with higher levels in heart, pancreas and testis, and lower levels in kidney and brain.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the histone deacetylase family. HD type 1 subfamily.
modificationsSumoylated on Lys-444 and Lys-476; which promotes enzymatic activity. Desumoylated by SENP1.
Phosphorylation on Ser-421 and Ser-423 promotes enzymatic activity and interactions with NuRD and SIN3 complexes.
Ubiquitinated by CHFR, leading to its degradation by the proteasome.
- Information by UniProt
- DKFZp686H12203 antibody
- GON 10 antibody
- HD1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-HDAC1 antibody (ab53091) at 1/300 dilution
Lane 1 : NIH/3T3 cell extracts
Lane 2 : NIH/3T3 cell extracts with blocking peptide
Predicted band size: 55 kDa
Observed band size: 60 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ICC/IF image of ab53091 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab53091, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma tissue using ab53091 at 1/50 dilution, in the presence (right) or absence (left) of blocking peptide.
Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence analysis of mouse RAW 264.7 cells labeling HDAC1 with ab53091 at 1/150 dilution. The cells were fixed with paraformaldehyde and permeabilized with 0.1% Triton-X100 in 2% BSA for 15min. Blocking of the cells was done with 2% BSA for 1 hour at 4°C, followed by staining with ab53091 at 1/150 in 2% BSA in PBS for 16 hours at 4°C. An Alexa Fluor® 488 conjugated chicken anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) secondary antibody was used at 1/1000 dilution.
All lanes : Anti-HDAC1 antibody (ab53091)
Lane 1 : NIH/3T3 cell lysates
Lane 2 : NIH/3T3 cell lysates blocked with synthesized peptide
Predicted band size: 55 kDa
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human lung carcinoma tissue labeling HDAC1 with ab53091. The image on the right is blocked with the synthesized peptide.
Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence analysis of NIH/3T3 cells labeling HDAC1 with ab53091. The image on the right is blocked with the synthesized peptide.
ab53091 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Zhang Y et al. HOXA10 knockdown inhibits proliferation, induces cell cycle arrest and apoptosis in hepatocellular carcinoma cells through HDAC1. Cancer Manag Res 11:7065-7076 (2019). PubMed: 31440094
- Du Y et al. Ubiquitin specific peptidase 5 promotes ovarian cancer cell proliferation through deubiquitinating HDAC2. Aging (Albany NY) 11:9778-9793 (2019). PubMed: 31727867
- Chen Z et al. Downregulation of miR-199a-3p mediated by the CtBP2-HDAC1-FOXP3 transcriptional complex contributes to acute lung injury by targeting NLRP1. Int J Biol Sci 15:2627-2640 (2019). PubMed: 31754335
- Casey AE et al. Mammary molecular portraits reveal lineage-specific features and progenitor cell vulnerabilities. J Cell Biol 217:2951-2974 (2018). PubMed: 29921600
- Yin F et al. Functionalized MoS2 Nanosheets as Multi-Gene Delivery Vehicles for In Vivo Pancreatic Cancer Therapy. Nanotheranostics 2:371-386 (2018). PubMed: 30324083
- Herr DJ et al. HDAC1 localizes to the mitochondria of cardiac myocytes and contributes to early cardiac reperfusion injury. J Mol Cell Cardiol 114:309-319 (2018). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 29224834
- Wang SE et al. Capsaicin upregulates HDAC2 via TRPV1 and impairs neuronal maturation in mice. Exp Mol Med 50:e455 (2018). PubMed: 29520110
- Deng Q et al. Non-Genomic Action of Androgens is Mediated by Rapid Phosphorylation and Regulation of Androgen Receptor Trafficking. Cell Physiol Biochem 43:223-236 (2017). PubMed: 28854419
- Deng Q et al. Androgen Receptor Localizes to Plasma Membrane by Binding to Caveolin-1 in Mouse Sertoli Cells. Int J Endocrinol 2017:3985916 (2017). WB, IP, IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 28642789
- Wang Y et al. Class I HDAC imaging using [ (3)H]CI-994 autoradiography. Epigenetics 8:756-64 (2013). PubMed: 23803584