Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to HDAC2
- Suitable for: IP, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-HDAC2 antibody
See all HDAC2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to HDAC2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IP, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Chicken
- WB: nuclear extract of HeLa human epithelioid carcinoma cell line. Immunoprecipitation: whole lysate of NIH 3T cells. IHC-P: human lymph node sections.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Constituent: 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesWhole antiserum is fractionated and further purified by anion-exchange chromatography to provide the IgG fraction of antiserum that is essentially free of other rabbit serum proteins.
ChIP Related Products
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab7029 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionResponsible for the deacetylation of lysine residues on the N-terminal part of the core histones (H2A, H2B, H3 and H4). Histone deacetylation gives a tag for epigenetic repression and plays an important role in transcriptional regulation, cell cycle progression and developmental events. Histone deacetylases act via the formation of large multiprotein complexes.
Forms transcriptional repressor complexes by associating with MAD, SIN3, YY1 and N-COR. Interacts in the late S-phase of DNA-replication with DNMT1 in the other transcriptional repressor complex composed of DNMT1, DMAP1, PCNA, CAF1. Deacetylates TSHZ3 and regulates its transcriptional repressor activity.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed; lower levels in brain and lung.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the histone deacetylase family. HD type 1 subfamily.
modificationsS-nitrosylated by GAPDH. In neurons, S-Nitrosylation at Cys-262 and Cys-274 does not affect the enzyme activity but abolishes chromatin-binding, leading to increases acetylation of histones and activate genes that are associated with neuronal development. In embryonic cortical neurons, S-Nitrosylation regulates dendritic growth and branching.
- Information by UniProt
- D10Wsu179e antibody
- HD 2 antibody
- HD2 antibody
HeLa cells were fixed with 4% formaldehyde in PEM buffer. The coverslip was incubated in blocking buffer of 5% powdered milk in TBS-T plus 0.02% sodium azide for 1 hour at room temperature. Blocking buffer was removed and primary antibody was added at a dilution of 1/600 and incubated overnight at 4 degrees celsius. The coverslips were then washed 4-5 times with blocking buffer for 5 minutes. Secondary antibody, goat anti-rabbit Alexa 594, was added at a dilution of 1/1000 and incubated at room temperature for one hour. From this point on coverslips were covered with foil to protect them from light. They were washed 5 times with TBS-T and then one time with PEM, for 5 minutes each wash. The coverslips were fixed 10-30 minutes in 4% formaldehyde in PEM buffer, then washed 3 times with PEM buffer for 5 minutes. 0.1M ammonium chloride in PEM buffer was added for 10 minutes to quench auto-florescence, and then slips were washed 2 times for 5 minutes in PEM followed by 3 washes for 5 minute
HDAC2 was immunoprecipitated using 0.5mg Hela whole cell extract, 5µg of Rabbit polyclonal to HDAC2 and 50µl of protein G magnetic beads (+). No antibody was added to the control (-).
The antibody was incubated under agitation with Protein G beads for 10min, Hela whole cell extract lysate diluted in RIPA buffer was added to each sample and incubated for a further 10min under agitation.
Proteins were eluted by addition of 40µl SDS loading buffer and incubated for 10min at 70oC; 10µl of each sample was separated on a SDS PAGE gel, transferred to a nitrocellulose membrane, blocked with 5% BSA and probed with ab7029.
Secondary: Mouse monoclonal [SB62a] Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG light chain (HRP) (ab99697).
Band: Band: 60ka: HDAC2; 55kDa; Heavy Chain.
ab7029 has been referenced in 84 publications.
- Gonneaud A et al. HDAC1 and HDAC2 independently regulate common and specific intrinsic responses in murine enteroids. Sci Rep 9:5363 (2019). PubMed: 30926862
- Osei-Sarfo K & Gudas LJ Retinoids induce antagonism between FOXO3A and FOXM1 transcription factors in human oral squamous cell carcinoma (OSCC) cells. PLoS One 14:e0215234 (2019). PubMed: 30978209
- Zhao Q et al. TCF21 and AP-1 interact through epigenetic modifications to regulate coronary artery disease gene expression. Genome Med 11:23 (2019). PubMed: 31014396
- Gerosa L et al. SRF and SRF?5 Splicing Isoform Recruit Corepressor LSD1/KDM1A Modifying Structural Neuroplasticity and Environmental Stress Response. Mol Neurobiol N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31364026
- Bedenbender K et al. Inflammation-mediated deacetylation of the ribonuclease 1 promoter via histone deacetylase 2 in endothelial cells. FASEB J 33:9017-9029 (2019). PubMed: 31039328