Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to HDAC4
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-HDAC4 antibody
See all HDAC4 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to HDAC4
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Chicken, Zebrafish, Orangutan
- Lung, respiratory epithelium.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
ChIP Related Products
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab79521 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
FunctionResponsible for the deacetylation of lysine residues on the N-terminal part of the core histones (H2A, H2B, H3 and H4). Histone deacetylation gives a tag for epigenetic repression and plays an important role in transcriptional regulation, cell cycle progression and developmental events. Histone deacetylases act via the formation of large multiprotein complexes. Involved in muscle maturation via its interaction with the myocyte enhancer factors such as MEF2A, MEF2C and MEF2D.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in HDAC4 are the cause of brachydactyly-mental retardation syndrome (BDMR) [MIM:600430]. A syndrome resembling the physical anomalies found in Albright hereditary osteodystrophy. Common features are mild facial dysmorphism, congenital heart defects, distinct brachydactyly type E, mental retardation, developmental delay, seizures, autism spectrum disorder, and stocky build. Soft tissue ossification is absent, and there are no abnormalities in parathyroid hormone or calcium metabolism.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the histone deacetylase family. HD type 2 subfamily.
DomainThe nuclear export sequence mediates the shuttling between the nucleus and the cytoplasm.
modificationsPhosphorylated by CaMK4 at Ser-246, Ser-467 and Ser-632. Phosphorylation at other residues is required for the interaction with 14-3-3.
Sumoylation on Lys-559 is promoted by the E3 SUMO-protein ligase RANBP2, and prevented by phosphorylation by CaMK4.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Shuttles between the nucleus and the cytoplasm. Upon muscle cells differentiation, it accumulates in the nuclei of myotubes, suggesting a positive role of nuclear HDAC4 in muscle differentiation. The export to cytoplasm depends on the interaction with a 14-3-3 chaperone protein and is due to its phosphorylation at Ser-246, Ser-467 and Ser-632 by CaMK4. The nuclear localization probably depends on sumoylation.
- Information by UniProt
- AHO3 antibody
- BDMR antibody
- EC 126.96.36.199 antibody
ab79521 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Guerin MV et al. TGFß blocks IFNa/ß release and tumor rejection in spontaneous mammary tumors. Nat Commun 10:4131 (2019). PubMed: 31511510
- Stoney PN et al. A seasonal switch in histone deacetylase gene expression in the hypothalamus and their capacity to modulate nuclear signaling pathways. Brain Behav Immun 61:340-352 (2017). PubMed: 27993690
- Shen W et al. Epigenetic modification of the leptin promoter in diet-induced obese mice and the effects of N-3 polyunsaturated Fatty acids. Sci Rep 4:5282 (2014). ChIP ; Mouse . PubMed: 24923522
- Cui H et al. Eating disorder predisposition is associated with ESRRA and HDAC4 mutations. J Clin Invest 123:4706-13 (2013). PubMed: 24216484
- Takase K et al. Monoaminergic and neuropeptidergic neurons have distinct expression profiles of histone deacetylases. PLoS One 8:e58473 (2013). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 23469282
- Funato H et al. Fasting and high-fat diet alter histone deacetylase expression in the medial hypothalamus. PLoS One 6:e18950 (2011). IHC-FoFr ; Mouse . PubMed: 21526203