Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to HDAC6
- Suitable for: WB, ELISA, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-HDAC6 antibody
See all HDAC6 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to HDAC6
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISA, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Synthetic peptide within Human HDAC6 aa 7-56 conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: Q9UBN7
- Human intestine (ganglion cells) and Human testis tissues; HepG2 cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 49% PBS, 0.88% Sodium chloride, 50% Glycerol
PBS without Mg2+, Ca2+
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab117516 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 131 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/500.|
FunctionResponsible for the deacetylation of lysine residues on the N-terminal part of the core histones (H2A, H2B, H3 and H4). Histone deacetylation gives a tag for epigenetic repression and plays an important role in transcriptional regulation, cell cycle progression and developmental events. Histone deacetylases act via the formation of large multiprotein complexes (By similarity). Plays a central role in microtubule-dependent cell motility via deacetylation of tubulin.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the histone deacetylase family. HD type 2 subfamily.
Contains 1 UBP-type zinc finger.
modificationsUbiquitinated. Its polyubiquitination however does not lead to its degradation.
Sumoylated in vitro.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. It is mainly cytoplasmic, where it is associated with microtubules.
- Information by UniProt
- CPBHM antibody
- FLJ16239 antibody
- HD 6 antibody
All lanes : Anti-HDAC6 antibody (ab117516) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : HepG2 cell lysate
Lane 2 : HepG2 cell lysate with immunizing peptide
Predicted band size: 131 kDa
ab117516, at 1:200 dilution, staining HDAC6 in Formalin-fixed, Paraffin-embedded Human intestine tissue (ganglion cells) by Immunohistochemistry.
ab117516, at 1:200 dilution, staining HDAC6 in Formalin-fixed, Paraffin-embedded Human testis tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
ab117516, at 1/100, staining HDAC6 in HepG2 cells by Immunofluorescence (Left image).
The image on the right is treated with the synthesized peptide.
ab117516 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Manca S et al. The Role of Alcohol-Induced Golgi Fragmentation for Androgen Receptor Signaling in Prostate Cancer. Mol Cancer Res 17:225-237 (2019). PubMed: 30224543
- Fan T et al. Autophagy Activation by Rapamycin Before Hypoxia-Reoxygenation Reduces Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress in Alveolar Epithelial Cells. Cell Physiol Biochem 41:79-90 (2017). PubMed: 28214844
- Hanigan TW et al. Divergent JNK Phosphorylation of HDAC3 in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Cells Determines HDAC Inhibitor Binding and Selectivity. Cell Chem Biol 24:1356-1367.e8 (2017). PubMed: 28943357