Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to HDAC6
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-HDAC6 antibody
See all HDAC6 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to HDAC6
SpecificityThe antibody detects ~134 kDa histone deacetylase 6. It does not cross-react with other HDAC proteins including HDAC1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, and 8.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide (Mouse) - N terminal.
- WB: Jurkat cell lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab1440 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 4 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 134 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 131 kDa). Block with 5% milk in TBST and incubate the antibody in blocking buffer.|
FunctionResponsible for the deacetylation of lysine residues on the N-terminal part of the core histones (H2A, H2B, H3 and H4). Histone deacetylation gives a tag for epigenetic repression and plays an important role in transcriptional regulation, cell cycle progression and developmental events. Histone deacetylases act via the formation of large multiprotein complexes (By similarity). Plays a central role in microtubule-dependent cell motility via deacetylation of tubulin.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the histone deacetylase family. HD type 2 subfamily.
Contains 1 UBP-type zinc finger.
modificationsUbiquitinated. Its polyubiquitination however does not lead to its degradation.
Sumoylated in vitro.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. It is mainly cytoplasmic, where it is associated with microtubules.
- Information by UniProt
- CPBHM antibody
- FLJ16239 antibody
- HD 6 antibody
ab1440 has been referenced in 25 publications.
- Guo SD et al. HDAC6 promotes sepsis development by impairing PHB1-mediated mitochondrial respiratory chain function. Aging (Albany NY) 12:5411-5422 (2020). PubMed: 32221047
- Silva JM et al. Dysregulation of autophagy and stress granule-related proteins in stress-driven Tau pathology. Cell Death Differ 26:1411-1427 (2019). PubMed: 30442948
- Schlüter A et al. Histone Deacetylases Contribute to Excitotoxicity-Triggered Degeneration of Retinal Ganglion Cells In Vivo. Mol Neurobiol 56:8018-8034 (2019). PubMed: 31161423
- Xu Q et al. Type I collagen-induced YAP nuclear expression promotes primary cilia growth and contributes to cell migration in confluent mouse embryo fibroblast 3T3-L1 cells. Mol Cell Biochem 450:87-96 (2019). PubMed: 29846859
- Yano M et al. Clinicopathological correlation of ARID1A status with HDAC6 and its related factors in ovarian clear cell carcinoma. Sci Rep 9:2397 (2019). PubMed: 30787326