Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [HDAC7-97] to HDAC7
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-HDAC7 antibody [HDAC7-97]
See all HDAC7 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [HDAC7-97] to HDAC7
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat
- WB: human embryonal kidney 293T cells expressing recombinant human HDAC7.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Constituent: 0.0268% PBS
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesAb50212 is a purified IgG.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab50212 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.25 - 0.5 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 103 kDa.|
FunctionResponsible for the deacetylation of lysine residues on the N-terminal part of the core histones (H2A, H2B, H3 and H4). Histone deacetylation gives a tag for epigenetic repression and plays an important role in transcriptional regulation, cell cycle progression and developmental events. Histone deacetylases act via the formation of large multiprotein complexes. Involved in muscle maturation by repressing transcription of myocyte enhancer factors such as MEF2A, MEF2B and MEF2C. During muscle differentiation, it shuttles into the cytoplasm, allowing the expression of myocyte enhancer factors (By similarity). May be involved in Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) latency, possibly by repressing the viral BZLF1 gene.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the histone deacetylase family. HD type 2 subfamily.
DomainThe nuclear export sequence mediates the shuttling between the nucleus and the cytoplasm.
modificationsMay be phosphorylated by CaMK1. Phosphorylated by the PKC kinases PKN1 and PKN2, impairing nuclear import.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. In the nucleus, it associates with distinct subnuclear dot-like structures. Shuttles between the nucleus and the cytoplasm. Treatment with EDN1 results in shuttling from the nucleus to the perinuclear region. The export to cytoplasm depends on the interaction with the 14-3-3 protein YWHAE and may be due to its phosphorylation.
- Information by UniProt
- DKFZP586J0917 antibody
- FLJ99588 antibody
- HD 7a antibody
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab50212 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Shen W et al. Epigenetic modification of the leptin promoter in diet-induced obese mice and the effects of N-3 polyunsaturated Fatty acids. Sci Rep 4:5282 (2014). ChIP ; Mouse . PubMed: 24923522
- Muralidhar SA et al. Histone deacetylase 9 activates gamma-globin gene expression in primary erythroid cells. J Biol Chem 286:2343-53 (2011). WB ; Human . PubMed: 21078662
- Golding MC et al. Multiple epigenetic modifiers induce aggressive viral extinction in extraembryonic endoderm stem cells. Cell Stem Cell 6:457-67 (2010). ChIP . PubMed: 20452320
- Margariti A et al. Histone deacetylase 7 controls endothelial cell growth through modulation of beta-catenin. Circ Res 106:1202-11 (2010). PubMed: 20224040