Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR10338(2)] to HDAC8
- Suitable for: WB, Flow Cyt, IP
- Knockout validated
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-HDAC8 antibody [EPR10338(2)]
See all HDAC8 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR10338(2)] to HDAC8
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, Flow Cyt, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human HDAC8 aa 50-150. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: Q9BY41
- HeLa, Molt4 and K562 cell lysates; human kidney tissue lysate; K562 cells.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 59% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab187139 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/10000 - 1/50000. Predicted molecular weight: 42 kDa.|
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IP||1/40 - 1/60.|
FunctionResponsible for the deacetylation of lysine residues on the N-terminal part of the core histones (H2A, H2B, H3 and H4). Histone deacetylation gives a tag for epigenetic repression and plays an important role in transcriptional regulation, cell cycle progression and developmental events. Histone deacetylases act via the formation of large multiprotein complexes. May play a role in smooth muscle cell contractility.
Tissue specificityWeakly expressed in most tissues. Expressed at higher level in heart, brain, kidney and pancreas and also in liver, lung, placenta, prostate and kidney.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the histone deacetylase family. HD type 1 subfamily.
modificationsPhosphorylated by PKA on serine 39. Phosphorylation reduces deacetylase activity observed preferentially on histones H3 and H4.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Excluded from the nucleoli. Found in the cytoplasm of cells showing smooth muscle differentiation.
- Information by UniProt
- CDA07 antibody
- CDLS5 antibody
- HD 8 antibody
Lane 1: Wild-type HAP1 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 2: HADC8 knockout HAP1 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 3: K562 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 4: HeLa cell lysate (20 µg)
Lanes 1 - 4: Merged signal (red and green). Green - ab187139. Red - loading control, ab7291, observed at 52 kDa.
ab187139 was shown to specifically react with HDAC8 when HDAC8 knockout samples were used. Wild-type and HDAC8 knockout samples were subjected to SDS-PAGE. ab187139 and ab7291 (loading control to alpha tubulin) were diluted 1/10 000 and 1/2000 respectively and incubated overnight at 4°C. Blots were developed with Goat anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye® 800CW) preadsorbed (ab216773) and Goat anti-Mouse IgG H&L (IRDye® 680RD) preadsorbed (ab216776) secondary antibodies at 1/10,000 dilution for 1 h at room temperature before imaging.
All lanes : Anti-HDAC8 antibody [EPR10338(2)] (ab187139) at 1/50000 dilution
Lane 1 : K562 cell lysate
Lane 2 : Molt4 cell lysate
Lane 3 : HeLa cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG, (H+L), Peroxidase conjugated at 1/1000 dilution
Predicted band size: 42 kDa
Immunoprecipitation analysis of human fetal kidney tissue lysate labeling HDAC8 using ab187139 at 1/50 dilution (Lane 1). Anti-Rabbit IgG (HRP), specific to the non-reduced form of IgG at 1/1500 was used as secondary antibody. Lane 2: PBS instead of human fetal kidney tissue lysate.
Flow cytometry analysis of K562 cells labeling HDAC8 using ab187139 at 1/150 dilution. A Goat anti rabbit IgG (FITC) at 1/150 dilution was used as secondary antibody. Cells were fixed with 2% paraformaldehyde. Isotype control: Rabbit monoclonal IgG.
ab187139 has been referenced in 15 publications.
- Buckwalter JM et al. Characterization of Histone Deacetylase Expression Within In Vitro and In Vivo Bladder Cancer Model Systems. Int J Mol Sci 20:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31137849
- Teixeira PDS et al. Brain STAT5 Modulates Long-Term Metabolic and Epigenetic Changes Induced by Pregnancy and Lactation in Female Mice. Endocrinology 160:2903-2917 (2019). PubMed: 31599926
- Du Y et al. Ubiquitin specific peptidase 5 promotes ovarian cancer cell proliferation through deubiquitinating HDAC2. Aging (Albany NY) 11:9778-9793 (2019). PubMed: 31727867
- Santos-Barriopedro I et al. HDAC8 affects MGMT levels in glioblastoma cell lines via interaction with the proteasome receptor ADRM1. Genes Cancer 10:119-133 (2019). PubMed: 31798765
- Sikorski K et al. A high-throughput pipeline for validation of antibodies. Nat Methods 15:909-912 (2018). PubMed: 30377371