Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Helicobacter pylori
- Suitable for: ELISA, ICC/IF, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Species independent
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Helicobacter pylori antibody
See all Helicobacter pylori primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Helicobacter pylori
SpecificityWhole cell lysate. Has not been absorbed and may react with related microorganisms.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISA, ICC/IF, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Species independent
ATCC strain 43504
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituent: 0.0268% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Purification notes>95% pure
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab20459 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
RelevanceThe spiral shaped bacterium Helicobacter pylori is strongly associated with inflammation of the stomach and is also implicated in the development of gastric malignancy. H. pylori is known to cause peptic ulcers and chronic gastritis in human. It is associated with duodenal ulcers and may be involved in development of adenocarcimona and low-grade lymphoma of mucosa associated lymphoid tissue in the stomach. More recently this bacterium has also been implicated with a number of vascular disorders including heart disease. It is not clear how H. pylori is transmitted or why some patients become symptomatic while others do not. The bacteria are most likely spread from person to person through fecal-to-oral or oral-to-oral routes. Possible environmental reservoirs include contaminated water sources. Serological tests that measure specific H. pylori IgG antibodies can determine if a person has been infected although these methods do have drawbacks and limitations.
- H. pylori antibody
ab20459 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Windham IH et al. Helicobacter pylori Biofilm Formation Is Differentially Affected by Common Culture Conditions, and Proteins Play a Central Role in the Biofilm Matrix. Appl Environ Microbiol 84:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29752266
- Propheter DC et al. Resistin-like molecule ß is a bactericidal protein that promotes spatial segregation of the microbiota and the colonic epithelium. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 114:11027-11033 (2017). PubMed: 28973871
- Hoppe S et al. Rapid identification of novel immunodominant proteins and characterization of a specific linear epitope of Campylobacter jejuni. PLoS One 8:e65837 (2013). PubMed: 23734261
- Rossez Y et al. Almost all human gastric mucin O-glycans harbor blood group A, B or H antigens and are potential binding sites for Helicobacter pylori. Glycobiology 22:1193-206 (2012). PubMed: 22522599