Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Heme Oxygenase 1
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Dog, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Heme Oxygenase 1 antibody
See all Heme Oxygenase 1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Heme Oxygenase 1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Dog, Human
Multi-antigenic synthetic peptide from Human Heme Oxygenase 1
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab79854 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 33 kDa.|
FunctionHeme oxygenase cleaves the heme ring at the alpha methene bridge to form biliverdin. Biliverdin is subsequently converted to bilirubin by biliverdin reductase. Under physiological conditions, the activity of heme oxygenase is highest in the spleen, where senescent erythrocytes are sequestrated and destroyed.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the heme oxygenase family.
Cellular localizationMicrosome. Endoplasmic reticulum.
- Information by UniProt
- 32 kD antibody
- bK286B10 antibody
- D8Wsu38e antibody
Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence analysis using ab79854 at 1/100 for 12 hours at 4°C in Heat Shocked HeLa Cells. Fixed by 2% Formaldehyde for 20 min at RT. Secondary Antibody: APC Goat Anti-Rabbit (red) at 1/200 for 2 hours at RT. Counterstain: DAPI (blue) nuclear stain at 1/40000 for 2 hours at RT. (A) DAPI (blue) nuclear stain. (B) Anti-HO-1 Antibody. (C) Composite. Heat Shocked at 42°C for 1h.
All lanes : Anti-Heme Oxygenase 1 antibody (ab79854) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Molecular weight marker
Lane 2 : Cell lysates prepared from human A431, A549, HCT116, HeLa, HEK293, HepG2, HL-60, HUVEC, Jurkat, MCF7, PC3 and T98G cells
Predicted band size: 33 kDa
Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence analysis of heat shocked HeLa cells using ab79854 at 1/100 dilution for 12 hours at 4°C. Fixation: 2% Formaldehyde for 20 min at RT. Secondary Antibody: FITC Goat Anti-Rabbit (green) at 1:200 for 2 hours at RT. Counterstain: DAPI (blue) nuclear stain at 1:40000 for 2 hours at RT. Localization: Endoplasmic reticulum membrane. Cytoplasm. Magnification: 100x. Heat Shocked at 42°C for 1h.
ab79854 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Qi Q et al. DL-3-n-butylphthalide alleviates vascular cognitive impairment induced by chronic cerebral hypoperfusion by activating the Akt/Nrf2 signaling pathway in the hippocampus of rats. Neurosci Lett 672:59-64 (2018). WB . PubMed: 29175633
- Ni W et al. Role of Erythrocyte CD47 in Intracerebral Hematoma Clearance. Stroke 47:505-11 (2016). WB, IHC-FoFr ; Mouse . PubMed: 26732568
- Wang X et al. Activation of the Nuclear Factor E2-Related Factor 2/Antioxidant Response Element Pathway is Neuroprotective Following Spinal Cord Injury. J Neurotrauma : (2011). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 21806470