Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [A76] to Heparan Sulfate Proteoglycan 2/Perlecan
- Suitable for: ELISA, WB, IHC-Fr, IP, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Sheep, Cow, Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Heparan Sulfate Proteoglycan 2/Perlecan antibody [A76]
See all Heparan Sulfate Proteoglycan 2/Perlecan primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [A76] to Heparan Sulfate Proteoglycan 2/Perlecan
This antibody is highly specific for Heparan Sulfate Proteoglycan 2/Perlecan. There is no evidence for cross-reactivity with other connective tissue proteins (vitronectin, fibronectin, elastin, collagen, laminin) but it does cross-react with human thrombospondin.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISA, WB, IHC-Fr, IP, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Sheep, Cow, Human
Tissue, cells or virus corresponding to Cow Heparan Sulfate Proteoglycan 2/Perlecan.
This product was previously labelled as Heparan Sulfate Proteoglycan 2
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.0268% PBS, 2.9% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notesProtein-A/G purified.
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab26265 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Predicted molecular weight: 469 kDa.|
|AP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 18568676|
FunctionIntegral component of basement membranes. Component of the glomerular basement membrane (GBM), responsible for the fixed negative electrostatic membrane charge, and which provides a barrier which is both size- and charge-selective. It serves as an attachment substrate for cells. Plays essential roles in vascularization. Critical for normal heart development and for regulating the vascular response to injury. Also required for avascular cartilage development.
Endorepellin in an anti-angiogenic and anti-tumor peptide that inhibits endothelial cell migration, collagen-induced endothelial tube morphogenesis and blood vessel growth in the chorioallantoic membrane. Blocks endothelial cell adhesion to fibronectin and type I collagen. Anti-tumor agent in neovascularization. Interaction with its ligand, integrin alpha2/beta1, is required for the anti-angiogenic properties. Evokes a reduction in phosphorylation of receptor tyrosine kinases via alpha2/beta1 integrin-mediated activation of the tyrosine phosphatase, PTPN6.
The LG3 peptide has anti-angiogenic properties that require binding of calcium ions for full activity.
Tissue specificityFound in the basement membranes.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in HSPG2 are the cause of Schwartz-Jampel syndrome (SJS1) [MIM:255800]; a rare autosomal recessive disorder characterized by permanent myotonia (prolonged failure of muscle relaxation) and skeletal dysplasia, resulting in reduced stature, kyphoscoliosis, bowing of the diaphyses and irregular epiphyses.
Defects in HSPG2 are the cause of dyssegmental dysplasia Silverman-Handmaker type (DDSH) [MIM:224410]. The dyssegmental dysplasias are rare, autosomal recessive skeletal dysplasias with anisospondyly and micromelia. There are two recognized types: the severe, lethal DDSH and the milder Rolland-Desbuquois form. Individuals with DDSH also have a flat face, micrognathia, cleft palate and reduced joint mobility, and frequently have an encephalocoele. The endochondral growth plate is short, the calcospherites (which are spherical calcium-phosphorus crystals produced by hypertrophic chondrocytes) are unfused, and there is mucoid degeneration of the resting cartilage.
Sequence similaritiesContains 4 EGF-like domains.
Contains 22 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
Contains 11 laminin EGF-like domains.
Contains 3 laminin G-like domains.
Contains 3 laminin IV type A domains.
Contains 4 LDL-receptor class A domains.
Contains 1 SEA domain.
modificationsProteolytic processing produces the C-terminal angiogenic peptide, endorepellin. This peptide can be further processed to produce the LG3 peptide.
N- and O-glycosylated; contains three heparan sulfate chains. The LG3 peptide contains at least three and up to five potential O-glycosylation sites but no N-glycosylation.
Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix > basement membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Basement membrane specific heparan sulfate proteoglycan core protein antibody
- Endorepellin (domain V region) antibody
- Heparan sulfate proteoglycan of basement membrane antibody
ab26265 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Smith SM & Melrose J Type XI collagen-perlecan-HS interactions stabilise the pericellular matrix of annulus fibrosus cells and chondrocytes providing matrix stabilisation and homeostasis. J Mol Histol 50:285-294 (2019). PubMed: 30993430
- Bird IM et al. The skeletal phenotype of achondrogenesis type 1A is caused exclusively by cartilage defects. Development 145:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29180569
- Puperi DS et al. 3-Dimensional spatially organized PEG-based hydrogels for an aortic valve co-culture model. Biomaterials 67:354-64 (2015). PubMed: 26241755
- Rees MD et al. Myeloperoxidase-derived oxidants selectively disrupt the protein core of the heparan sulfate proteoglycan perlecan. Matrix Biol 29:63-73 (2010). WB, ELISA ; Human . PubMed: 19788922
- Smith SM et al. Comparative immunolocalisation of perlecan with collagen II and aggrecan in human foetal, newborn and adult ovine joint tissues demonstrates perlecan as an early developmental chondrogenic marker. Histochem Cell Biol 134:251-63 (2010). IHC-P ; Human, Sheep . PubMed: 20690028
- Melrose J et al. The use of Histochoice for histological examination of articular and growth plate cartilages, intervertebral disc and meniscus. Biotech Histochem 83:47-53 (2008). IHC-P ; Sheep . PubMed: 18568676