Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Heparanase 1
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Heparanase 1 antibody
See all Heparanase 1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Heparanase 1
Specificityab85543 recognizes the 65kD precursor as well as the 50kD and 8kD subunits of Heparanase 1.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Human 50kD-8kD Heparanase 1 heterodimer.
- Spleen tissue.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab85543 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500. Predicted molecular weight: 62 kDa.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionEndoglycosidase which is a cell surface and extracellular matrix-degrading enzyme. Cleaves heparan sulfate proteoglycans (HSPGs) into heparan sulfate side chains and core proteoglycans. Also implicated in the extravasation of leukocytes and tumor cell lines. Due to its contribution to metastasis and angiogenesis, it is considered to be a potential target for anti-cancer therapies.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in placenta and spleen and weakly expressed in lymph node, thymus, peripheral blood leukocytes, bone marrow, endothelial cells, fetal liver and tumor tissues.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glycosyl hydrolase 79 family.
modificationsProteolytically processed. The cleavage of the 65 kDa form leads to the generation of a linker peptide, 8 kDa and 50 kDa product. The active form, the 8/50 kDa heterodimer, is resistant to degradation. Complete removal of the linker peptide appears to be a prerequisite to the complete activation of the enzyme.
N-glycosylated. Glycosylation of the 50 kDa subunit appears to be essential for its solubility.
Cellular localizationLysosome membrane. Secreted. Secreted, internalised and transferred to late endosomes/lysosomes as a proheparanase. In lysosomes, it is processed into the active form, the heparanase. The uptake or internalisation of proheparanase is mediated by HSPGs. Heparin appears to be a competitor and retain proheparanase in the extracellular medium.
- Information by UniProt
- Endo glucoronidase antibody
- Endo-glucoronidase antibody
- HEP antibody
ab85543 staining Heparanase 1 in Human lung tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-P - paraformaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with formaldehyde and blocked with 3% NHS for 30 minutes at room temperature; antigen retrieval was by heat mediation with an EDTA buffer. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/4000 in NHS) for 8 hours. A Biotin-conjugated Goat anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal (1/250) was used as the secondary antibody.
Purified recombinant human heparanase served as a control (Lane1). Lane2: An extract from 6.5x10e3 CHO cells, transfected with human Heparanase; Lane3: extract from 8x10e4 CHO cells, transfected with mouse Heparanase, and Lane4: extract from 5x10e5 non-transfected CHO dhfr- cells, were loaded onto 4-12% NuPage gel. The proteins were transferred to a PVDF and subjected to Western Blot analysis using ab85543 at 1:1000 dilution. The 65kD precursor and the 50kD and 8kD subunits are clearly detected. Lane 1 : Purified recombinant human Heparanase served as a control
Lane 2 : Extract from 6.5x10e3 CHO cells, transfected with human Heparanase
Lane 3 : Extract from 8x10e4 CHO cells, transfected with mouse Heparanase
Lane 4 : Extract from 5x10e5 non-transfected CHO dhfr- cells
Cell were loaded onto 4-12% NuPage gel. The proteins were transferred to a PVDF and subjected to Western Blot analysis using ab85543 at 1:1000 dilution. The cleavage of the 65 kDa form leads
ab85543, at 5µg/ml, staining Heparanase 1 in formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded human spleen tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
ab85543 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Zhou X et al. Tumor-suppressive miR-299-3p inhibits gastric cancer cell invasion by targeting heparanase. Mol Med Rep 20:2151-2158 (2019). PubMed: 31257534
- Arokiasamy S et al. Heparanase-Dependent Remodeling of Initial Lymphatic Glycocalyx Regulates Tissue-Fluid Drainage During Acute Inflammation in vivo. Front Immunol 10:2316 (2019). PubMed: 31636638
- Anggorowati N et al. Upregulation of Endothelin-1/Endothelin A Receptor Expression Correlates with Heparanase Expression in Ovarian Carcinoma. Iran J Med Sci 43:286-295 (2018). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 29892146
- Kero D et al. Syndecans and Enzymes Involved in Heparan Sulfate Biosynthesis and Degradation Are Differentially Expressed During Human Odontogenesis. Front Physiol 9:732 (2018). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 29962964
- Zhang Y et al. Gubenyiliu II Inhibits Breast Tumor Growth and Metastasis Associated with Decreased Heparanase Expression and Phosphorylation of ERK and AKT Pathways. Molecules 22:N/A (2017). PubMed: 28505136
- Zhang Y et al. Elemene inhibits the migration and invasion of 4T1 murine breast cancer cells via heparanase. Mol Med Rep 16:794-800 (2017). PubMed: 28560389
- An X et al. Hyperoside pre-treatment prevents glomerular basement membrane damage in diabetic nephropathy by inhibiting podocyte heparanase expression. Sci Rep 7:6413 (2017). PubMed: 28743882
- Putz EM et al. NK cell heparanase controls tumor invasion and immune surveillance. J Clin Invest 127:2777-2788 (2017). PubMed: 28581441
- Wang YY et al. Overexpression of heparanase is associated with preeclampsia by inhibiting invasion of trophocytes. Int J Clin Exp Med 8:18107-14 (2015). PubMed: 26770407
- Hong L et al. Expression of heparanase is associated with breed-specific morphological characters of placental folded bilayer between Yorkshire and Meishan pigs. Biol Reprod 90:56 (2014). PubMed: 24429218