Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Hepatitis B Virus Core Antigen
- Suitable for: IHC-P, IHC-Fr
- Reacts with: Hepatitis B virus
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Hepatitis B Virus Core Antigen antibody
See all Hepatitis B Virus Core Antigen primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Hepatitis B Virus Core Antigen
Serotype specificity information is not available for this antibody
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, IHC-Frmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Hepatitis B virus
Full length native protein (purified) corresponding to Hepatitis B Virus Core Antigen.
- Human liver tissue infected with Hepatitis B virus.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 1.17% Sodium chloride, 0.16% Sodium phosphate
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab115992 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/200 - 1/400.|
|IHC-Fr||1/200 - 1/400.|
RelevanceHepatitis B Virus Core Antigen (HBcAg) is part of the infectious virion containing an inner "core particle" enclosing the viral genome. The icosahedral core particle contains 180 or 240 copies of the core protein. HBcAg is one of the three major clinical antigens of hepatitis B virus but disappears early in the course of infection. The hepatitis B virus core antigen (HBcAg) is a highly immunogenic subviral particle and functions as both a T-cell-dependent and a T-cell-independent antigen. Therefore, HBcAg may be a promising candidate target for therapeutic vaccine control of chronic HBV infection.
Cellular localizationCapsid protein: Virion. Host cytoplasm, hepatocyte nucleus.
- C antibody
- Capsid protein antibody
- Core and e antigen antibody
ab115992 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Liu J et al. Pathological Pattern of Intrahepatic HBV in HCC is Phenocopied by PDX-Derived Mice: a Novel Model for Antiviral Treatment. Transl Oncol 12:1138-1146 (2019). PubMed: 31202090
- Corcuera A et al. Novel non-heteroarylpyrimidine (HAP) capsid assembly modifiers have a different mode of action from HAPs in vitro. Antiviral Res 158:135-142 (2018). PubMed: 30031759
- Chen K et al. Methyltransferase SETD2-Mediated Methylation of STAT1 Is Critical for Interferon Antiviral Activity. Cell 170:492-506.e14 (2017). PubMed: 28753426
- Wang Y et al. Enhanced immunity and antiviral effects of an HBV DNA vaccine delivered by a DC-targeting protein. J Viral Hepat 23:798-804 (2016). PubMed: 27126208