Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [S26] to Hepatitis B Virus pre S2 Antigen
- Suitable for: ELISA, IHC-FoFr, IHC-Fr, Immunomicroscopy, IP, IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Hepatitis B virus
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Hepatitis B Virus pre S2 Antigen antibody [S26]
See all Hepatitis B Virus pre S2 Antigen primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [S26] to Hepatitis B Virus pre S2 Antigen
SpecificityThis antibody reacts with HBV Large and Middle Surface Antigen but not small forms (both glycosylated and non glycosylated species).
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISA, IHC-FoFr, IHC-Fr, Immunomicroscopy, IP, IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Hepatitis B virus
Purified serum HBV surface antigen
Epitopeaa positions 131-139 (adw nomenclature)
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Concentration information loading...
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab8635 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
For immunohistochemistry use at 1:100
RelevanceThe human hepatitis B virus (HBV) is a DNA virus that causes chronic infections that frequently lead to the development of cirrhosis and cellular hepatocellular carcinoma. The HBsAg (surface antigen) gene is one long open reading frame but contains three in frame "start" (ATG) codons that divide the gene into three sections, pre-S1, pre-S2, and S. Because of the multiple start codons, polypeptides of three different sizes called large, middle, and small (pre-S1 + pre-S2 + S, pre-S2 + S, or S) are produced. The preS2 domain is the minimal functional unit of transcription activators that are encoded by the Hepatitis B virus (HBV) surface (S) gene. It is present in more than one-third of the HBV-integrates in HBV induced hepatocarcinoma (HCC). Pre-S2 is a diagnostically important surface antigen of human hepatitis B virus. The PreS domain (S1 + S2) of Hepatitis B virus (HBV) surface antigen may be a good candidate for an effective vaccine as it activates both B and T cells besides binding to hepatocytes.
Cellular localizationVirion membrane (By similarity).
- HBV pre S2 Antigen antibody
- HBV pre S2 protein antibody
- Hepatitis B Virus pre S2 protein antibody
All lanes : Anti-Hepatitis B Virus pre S2 Antigen antibody [S26] (ab8635) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Whole cell lysate prepared from HEK cells
Lanes 2-3 : Whole cell lysate prepared from HEK cells transfected with pCI M
Lysates/proteins at 50 µg per lane.
All lanes : Sheep anti-mouse HRP conjugated polyclonal at 1/1000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Observed band size: 33,36,39 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 10 minutes
ab8635 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Li YX et al. Hepatitis B Virus Middle Protein Enhances IL-6 Production via p38 MAPK/NF-?B Pathways in an ER Stress-Dependent Manner. PLoS One 11:e0159089 (2016). PubMed: 27434097
- Draz MS et al. Hybrid nanocluster plasmonic resonator for immunological detection of hepatitis B virus. ACS Nano 6:7634-43 (2012). PubMed: 22934963
- Villet S et al. In vitro characterization of viral fitness of therapy-resistant hepatitis B variants. Gastroenterology 136:168-176.e2 (2009). ICC/IF . PubMed: 18996386
- Glebe D et al. Pre-s1 antigen-dependent infection of Tupaia hepatocyte cultures with human hepatitis B virus. J Virol 77:9511-21 (2003). PubMed: 12915565